MTVG19

Ummie's point of view

I open my eyes, my head on Ibrahim's chest. The memories coming back to me. I smile a bit when I felt Ibrahim's arm around me.

"You're awake?" I ask looking up at him. "Yeah, for sometime now." He kisses my forehead.

I stand up, walking to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and face. I wore my robe  then went downstairs to prepare something.

I was going to walk through the parlor when I saw Ibrahim's step mom. "Good morning."

"Where were you since?" She asks sounding bitter. "I just woke up." I say as she scoffs.

I ignore he has remark, I don't know why she's suddenly acting up. I prepare the meal, serving in three plates.

I was about to take it to Ibrahim's room but he came downstairs. I place it in front of them.

We stared eating, the parlor filled with nothing but clattering. "Are we going to the hospital today?"

"Yeah, sure. Its urgent." I nod in agreement. "Is his what you feed your husband? No wonder he is wasting away." She places the plate down.

"It tastes good, what's bad about it?" Ibrahim asks.

"Everything about it, I feel sorry for you. I will be cooking for my son from now on."

She stands up and leaves. I didn't pay much attention to her complaints because she just wants me to feel bad.

I'm not going to fall for it. "Don't worry okay? It tastes great." Ibrahim comforts me. "Thank you." I smile, taking the plates.

We got ready to leave for the hospital. I couldn't wait to know whether I am pregnant or not, I need the confirmation.

"Shall we?" Ibrahim opens the door for me. "Yes, we should." His mother replies, walking towards us with a veil around her neck.

"You're going too?" I ask but she ignores me. "I don't want to be left alone in this house." She walks out as I look at Ibrahim.

He closes his eyes, nodding. I walk out and enter the car head on. I sat on the back seat because she already took the front seat.

We drove off and we conversed. It was full of laughter of course, without mama.

"There were said to be killing just outside the city." Mama says scrolling her phone.

The first thing that came to my mind is my family. "Was anyone injured?"

"Injured? You mean killed. There is a Fulani village that did this. It is said to be the closest village to the city that killed them."

I know where this is headed.

"You mean my village?"

"Is it,well it is the the one." I scoff internally. "Not every killings are Fulani, who told you this. Fulani are innocent."

I stand up for myself. "Is that what you know or think?" She asks.

"What I definitely know is that the people of my village won't do that. I am sure."

"Didn't your villagers shove you to the corner of the village? Weren't you outcasts?" She asks as I felt like my pride was hurt.

I was hurt. "How did you know?" I ask. "Did you think I would give my son to just a stranger without looking into her background?"

She looks at me with a smile. Ibrahim just kept quiet like she didn't say anything.

I keep quiet so I shouldn't say something that i would regret. I look at the window, looking at the streets while I wiped the tears that rolled down my cheeks.

We finished everything and came back home, I didn't utter a word since the argument.

I went to room, sobbing. What hurt me the most was I was really defending the people that don't like me, hate me and my family.

That was what really hurt.

Ibrahim's point of view.

The way Ummie kept quiet the  whole outing and rushed to her room already confirmed enough.

She is pissed with me, obviously. What mama said was harsh. She didn't have to say it that way.

I sit beside her while she watched. "Did you have to say that to Ummie?" I ask as she smiled, shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm being honest with her and remember that this is your choice." She looks at me.

"I'm not going to leave her, you know that. Please stop, you're my mother. I take you as one so please stop this and abide by my decisions."

I plead but she ignore me. "Divorce her or we shall continue and trust me, it will escalate."

"If I were your biological son, would you do this to me?" She looked at me.

"I am doing his for your own good and I would do this to my son because you are my son."

I sigh. "I didn't even agree to kick Ber out, yet here you are. Fighting for my supposed fake wife while you are doing this for your reputation."

I stand up and leave so I could go and meet Ummie.

I knock at her door. "Come in". She says with a cracked voice. I walk in and saw her sitting on the bed, looking at me.

She looks away, another wahala

"Hey." I sit beside her. "What's wrong?"

"Just your step mom." She answers still not looking at me. "What did she say?" I ask knowing exactly well what she said.

"Weren't you there? She said something that really hurt me. It is true but the realization of it hurts my feelings."

She looks at me, her eyes all red.

"I know but you need to ignore that fact. You grew up in a happy, scar free home."

I try to uplift her mood. "I like the scars." She admits. "Really? If you had the  opportunity, you'd take it?"

"Yup, without question. It has this beauty in it." She smiles looking at a specific place.

"Okay, its beautiful, true but I prefer that you don't have it." I say as she rolled her eyes.

"Sure but if I have the opportunity, definitely." She smiles looking at me.

I think I'm on the safe side now.

Vote

Follow

Comment