Chapter 43 Part 1

So my last update wasn't too long,
and this one won't be either but it's something! Don't worry I won't leave you hanging for too long, this is just a little something to keep you sane while I finish the next chapter which is part 2 of this one.

I wanted to say a big thank you to all of you who read this story as well as my other story "The Sophomore Diaries", it means so much to me that someone is actually taking time to read my work, so thank you!

Vote and Comment!

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
-N ;)

---------------------------------------
Chapter 43:

"It was me" he paused, swallowed deeply and looked up at me. "that night, I was there"

"What are you talking about Carlos?" I asked quite confused, what is going on?
"The Starbucks robbery" he mumbled.
I could feel a large pain in the pit of my stomach, my eyes were frozen in time. Staring ahead was Carlos, a guy I thought I knew so well, confessing to robbing the Starbucks and almost ending lives that day. He made me sick to my stomach.

"I knew those eyes were familiar" I spoke aloud to myself.

"I thought you would've figured it out by now"

"I didn't think that low of you" I crossed my arms tightly. "until now."
I turned my back towards Carlos and began walking back to the bonfire.
"Wait" He whispered harshly, grabbing my shoulder.

"No!" I yelled yanking my shoulder back. "I most certainly will not wait!"

"But-"

"No! I am not going to let you, or anything else ruin my night! I am
supposed to be having fun with my friends at our last senior activity, not hiding here with you, against my consent!"

"You're right." He whispered. "Why waste time here with me when you can be having the night of your life with your friends"

With that said, I bolted. I ran and ran as fast as I could to get back on that beach. And once I was back, I felt a sense of relief in my chest, a great pressure had been lifted .

"Would you like to dance?" A tall light brown haired hottie asked as he grabbed my hand. "Sure, why not?" I said as he led the way to the dance floor.

"Natasha Lozano" He smiled.

"You know my name?" I asked.

"Of course, who doesn't?"

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone's been talking about how you're in the lead for valedictorian, and I've had my eye on you for quite a while now"

Valedictorian? Me? Natasha Lozano, Valedictorian of the graduating class..

"So you've had your eyes on me for quite a while huh?" I asked.

"Oh, uh that sounds totally creepy now that I said it out loud" he blushed, "i meant it in the most non stalker way"
I couldn't help but laugh, he was nervous and it was adorable. I wrapped my arms around his neck as we slow danced. I felt normal for once, like a normal teenager. I think a night off from all the sneaking around and lying was a must for me.

"So tell me about yourself" I said

"Well I don't if you know this or not but my name is Marcus."

"Hello Marcus" I smiled.

"Uh, I play soccer, I love reading, I enjoy making others laugh, and I like you."

Another slow song came on, Marcus and I kept swaying slowly.