Moon

I sat at the dark back corner of the classroom, not wanting any attention from the other people inside. We are painting a picture like our art teacher instructed us to do. The others are having fun, painting with their friends. I'm just painting here alone with no emotion plastered on my face.

Suddenly, I felt a presence beside me. I could only careless about the person as I just continue doing my work.

"Wow cool painting." The person commented. Base from the person voice, I can assure that she's a girl. I didn't bother to respond. I just continue to paint, hoping that she will leave me alone like others. But minutes passed she's still there watching me paint, making me feel a little bit annoyed.

"Name and Business." I said with my monotone voice. I can't stand her presence, I just want her to leave me in peace.

"Oh, I'm Jennie. I'm done painting and I got bored so I'm watching you paint." She said with glee. I just continue paint, not wanting to see her face.

"How about you? What's your name?" She asked innocently. I sigh irritably then spoke. "Lisa, now could you please leave me alone?"

"What if I won't?" She started. I feel her body lean closer to my side. I sigh again, an annoyed expression is visible on my face.

"If you won't I'll.." I stop mid sentence when I turn my face to face her. My lifeless eyes met her beautiful eyes. I felt my cheeks hit up, my heart beat fasten. Her eyes sparkling beautifully, her skin looks so smooth, her long brunette hair hung loosely. I look away, avoiding eye contact.

"Just leave me alone." I said deeply, almost whisper. At the corner of my eyes, I saw her shook her head while smiling sweetly at me.

"Nope, not budging!" She said with a teasing smile. I just rolled my eyes and continue my work.

"You know, you are really a good painter." She commented again. I just ignore it.

After a few minutes I'm already done. "Cool! Hey, let me help you clean up." She offered. She's about to grab my used paint brushes when I grab her wrist, making her looked at me. I noticed a small hint of pink on her cheeks, I just ignored it.

"No, just go somewhere else. I can do it on my own." I said letting go of her wrist. When I was about to grab my used paint brushes, she grab it first and swiftly back away from me. I glared at her but she only giggled.

"I insist Lisa, just pack you things while I clean this brushes." Before I could protest, she already went out of the classroom. I just let her do what she offered.

I pack my things in my bag, I put the art materials to my art kit and placed it to the shelf along with the other art kits. I waited to Jennie to come back. Why is she taking so long?

I'm still here in the classroom. I got bored so I doodle on my sketchpad. Now, I'm the only one left here in the room.

"Sorry, I took so long. One of the math teacher ordered me to give some papers to Mr. Johnson." Jennie explain while entering the room. She gave me my paint brush, I put it in my art kit.

"So.. Do you mind if I join you for lunch?" I turn to her direction, seeing her titling her head in a cute way. I sigh and glare at her slightly.

"Would you take a no for an answer?" I asked with my monotone voice. She giggled happily then shook her head. "No, I won't"

"Then, let's go." I said grabbing her wrist, dragging her to the cafeteria. When we arrived, everybody seems to be staring at us. I shot them all a glare, making them went back to their own business. I dragged Jennie to the counter where the foods are place.

I turn to Jennie's only to see her reaction, her eyes sparkled in admiration and hunger. I chuckled, that's caught Jennie's attention. She turn her head to my direction. At first she looked surprised but quickly changed into sweet smile. I scoff and looked away, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. She only giggled and looked ahead.

We ordered our foods, then find a seat for the two of us. We found a table for eight people. I took my seat while she took her's beside me.

"So your the hot, emo, untouchable, cold, bad girl that they've been talking about?" She begin. I bite my sandwich before looked at her. "Maybe." Then I took another bit of my sandwich.

I heard her chuckled, I took a glanced at her. She's taking a bite from her burger. Heat rush to my cheeks, I'm secretly admiring the cute way how she chew her food. I prevent myself to smile, I just eat again my food.

Why am I feeling this way towards her? I just met her at class and now I'm admiring her every little move. What's wrong with me? I thought.

"Lisa? Is there something wrong?" I snap out from the trance as soon as I heard Jennie's voice. My eyes met her's once again, My heart beat fasten for the second time of this day. I quickly looked away.

"It's none of your business." I said coldly. I drink my orange juice. On the corner of my eyes, I can see her titling her head in confusion then she smiled.

"Hey Lisa." She called. I turned my head to her direction, she's smiling sweetly at me.

"Can we be friends?" She asked. Her voice is sweet as honey and soft like a silk. I just look at her without any expression on my face.

"What?" Is the only word I can response even though I heard her loud and clear. She pouted, she looked at me disappointed and slightly angry.

"I said can we be friends?" She repeated. I scoff and looked ahead, still no emotion on my face.

"Why?" I asked, not even taking a glanced at her. I felt her lean on my shoulder making my body tense up a little,  then soon I relaxed. Getting used in her presence.

"You seem so.." I glanced at her. She's thinking deeply, her eyes half closed. Her hair almost covering her left eye. She suddenly closed her eyes and smiled.

"Interesting." She continued, making me blushed again. I looked ahead, scolding myself for blushing too much this day. I stop when a question run through my mind.

"Why would you think that I'm interesting?" I asked. I looked at her completely. She opened her eyes revealing her beautiful eyes. She lifted up her head and looked at me straight in the eyes. I noticed a small hint of pink shade on her cheeks as soon as our eyes make contact.

"Hmm.. How should I say this?" She said putting her finger in her chin looking up at the ceiling. Cute. She's thinking of her words while I'm waiting patiently for her answer.

"Well your.. Your like a Moon!" I raised an eyebrow in confusion. Why would she compare me on the Moon?

"And why is that?" I ask coldly. She looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Well.. Even though we just met a few hours ago, I can tell that you are mysterious, short tempered, a bit dark and gloomy and cold. But, I can also see and tell that you have a soft spot. You can be kind to someone if you want to, you can be even sweet. Like the moon, you can brighten everyones darkness." She said smiling sweetly at me. She lean her head on my shoulder again then closed her eyes.

For the very first time in 5 years I smiled, looking at her peaceful face that smiling. Warm feeling occurs my heart, my stomach feels funny when I stare at her more. Heat flush to my cheeks, I never felt this feeling before.

Ever since that day, my life change for the better because of you.

We fall inlove with each other.

The day I asked you to marry me.

The day we got married.

The day we got our first child.

The day we became a family.