Mask

I made my way to the ballroom, the whole room was big and fancy. The chandelier hang above the ceiling setting the mood completely, making me feel that i'm a princess.

I bet your wondering why am I in the ballroom. Lets just say that the school held a masquerade ball to celebrate our school anniversary.

My eyes wonder around the ballroom, admiring every fancy decoration that is set and specially the foods. My brunette hair is tie up in a messy bun, showing my pink mask. Design with a gold glitters that cover half of my face, it also show my brown eyes. I wore a pink off shoulder gown that match my mask with a black bow that tied on my waist.

As I was walking in the room, I saw my friends chatting near the food table. I approached them. Once they noticed me, they wave and called my name. When I got to where they are, I embrace them in a group hug and we all laughs.

"You miss us that much Jennie?" One of my bestfriend asked, it was Rosé. I notice that she also wear a pink colored sleeveless gown that hug her body, enough to show off her curves. Her blonde hair braided loosely and elegantly. Her mask is also pink color, making her beautiful eyes noticeable.

"Yup!" I replied gleefully smiling at them while grabbing a plate of doughnuts with different flavors along with a pineapple juice. We walk to a table and seat, chat and eat.

"You do realize that we just saw each other like three hours ago?" My other bestfriend Jisoo said as a matter-factly. She wear also a pink sleeveless gown with a white belt, her mask is also pink color making her pretty eyes match.

"I know, but I can't help to miss you both." I said smiling warmly.

Few minutes have passed, the DJ announce something, making people rush to the dance floor also making the girls squeal.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for the slow dance. Grab your partner and go into the dance floor." As those words are announced, the whole room suddenly goes dim. The bright elegant place I entered before suddenly turned into a romantic scene and cliche movie.

My friends with their date goes to the dance floor, they all have a smile in their faces. I smiled softly then finish my doughnut and my pineapple juice. I just watched the people with their dates, romantically dancing on the dance floor.

The DJ played the song 'I was made for loving you' by Tori and Ed Sheeran. My favorite.

Suddenly someone tap my shoulder, making me turn to the direction. I saw a girl with a blonde hair in a black mask and a black lady tuxedo, she's extending her hand like she was asking for me to dance with her. A sweet smile plastered on her face and once I look into her chocolate brown eyes, time seems to stop. I feel my heart beat quicken, face heat up a bit and I feel a tightly sensation to my stomach.

"May I have this dance?" Her voice is sweet, I feel myself smile.

"O-of course." I said placing my hand to hers. I stood up as she lead me to the dance floor.

A dangerous plan

As we arrived at the dance floor, she placed my hands to her shoulders and gently pull me closer to her. My face heat up more and my heart beat fast.

Just this time

I looked at her, my brown orbs meets her chocolate brown orbs. She smiled sweetly at me as we begin to slow dance to the beat. Our gaze locked to each other.

A stranger's hands,
clutch in mine

I found myself lost in her eyes as we dance, I didn't notice her pulled me closer that our nose almost touching.