Oneshot•Payton Moormeier•Make You Feel Loved

Summary: Sage is a quiet person in real life, but loves being crazy on Tik Tok. She's gotten famous on it and is going on the Lights Out tour. She's happy to stop going to high school. She'll do it online now. Which is great for her, considering she always got bullied or ignored by her classmates. Her parents are rarely around to show her love, either, so she just gets their hate.
They are both 17 in this.

Sage POV
I'm sitting next to Payton on the bus. He is the first one I met out of all the boys. We are all pretty good friends now, I'd say.
Payton and I are just talking about random stuff, asking each other questions.
"I've got one. Best school memory." He smiles.
"Hmm," I think. "How about my first field trip to the petting zoo. I got to pet a goat."
"Wow," he says with a cheesy grin. "Mine has got to be...I don't know, anytime in eighth grade. Loved it. How about worst school memory?" He looks over at me.
I sigh. "Well, one time, this past year when I was a sophomore, I had a football player push me against my locker and try to strangle me." I look at him, his eyes wide. "How about you?"
"I just-what?" Payton asks with wide eyes, looking at me with confusion right before he fell into the aisle. Literally, the bus turned, and he got unlucky.
Everyone laughs at him. He quickly hops back up and jumps into his seat to my right in the back of the bus.
"Someone did that?"
"Yeah," I nod. "What about you?"
"You're just..."
"I'm just what?" I ask, confused.
"You seem so," he makes a weird gesture with his hands, "open with it."
I shrug. "No point in hiding it. Now stop putting off your turn and answer the question."
He looks nervous, but then whispers, "I was just going to say when my pants fell down in kindergarten."
I laugh. "That's funny. That's really funny."
We go on talking for the next hour until we arrive at the hotel. We lug our luggage into elevators and to our rooms after the managers check us all in. Luckily, I'm in a room with just Payton. He seems thrilled to be with me.
We put our luggage in the room, not bothering to unpack for the short three days that we will be here.
We are all going to get pizza when Payton pulls me aside. "So you really got strangled?"
"Yes." I pull my hoodie down to reveal some scars on my neck. "Those were from his rings. Now come on, or we are gonna get left behind."
He grabs my hand, and we run forward to catch up with the group.

———

I'm sitting on the bed scrolling through Tik Tok. I bite on my nail nervously. I notice I've been getting more hate recently. I really don't need that, with all the hate I already get from my parents. I frown at my phone.
"What's wrong?" Payton asks as he walks out of the bathroom. He sits down on my bed and looks over at my screen.
I turn my phone off and set it aside. "I just noticed that I've been getting some more hate online lately. I can't put up with that, too."
He looks at me strangely. "What do you mean, too?"
I freeze in panic. I didn't mean to say that. Agh. "Oh, uh, nothing." I shake my head.
"What's going on? You know you can tell me anything." He adjusts himself so he's directly facing me. He grabs his hands in mine.
"Just my parents aren't always the nicest. People at school always were cruel, and I finally found what I loved doing and what I was good at, and now I'm getting so much more hate here, too. It wasn't so bad, at first, because I was doing school online. But I'm just getting so much crap online now and my parents hate me." I squeeze his hands.
"They don't hate you," he says quietly.
"Yeah, they do," I whisper. I feel like I'm about to break. "They tell me every day. And when I'm home, they either ignore me or hi-" I cut myself off and freeze. I start to shake. "I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have said that. I'm going to get into so much trouble."
"Hey, hey, shh. It's okay." He pulls me into a massive hug, and I finally let out a sob. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry they do that to you."
"They hate me. My own parents," I gasp out between sobs.
He rubs my back. "I don't hate you. Nobody here hates you. We all love you so much, Sage, so much, okay? I'll make sure you don't have to go through that ever again, okay? Ever. You're safe now. I'll make you feel loved, okay?"

I'll probably do a part two.