Song-Based Oneshot•Griffin Johnson•Shape of You

Requested by mackenziecarmean

Summary: Griffin goes to a bar with some of his friends and gets approached by Camille.
(Everyone at the bar is 21 or older in this)

Griffin POV
The club isn't the best place to find a lover
So the bar is where I go
Me and my friends at the table doing shots
Drinking fast and then we talk slow

   "Griffin! Finally!" Anthony calls as I step through the door into the bar. He's sitting at a small table in the corner with Jaden.
"Yeah, I'm late again. I know," I grumble, taking a shot off the table and downing it quickly.
"That was a fast one," Jaden laughs, clearly already drunk. I roll my eyes and set the glass down on the table.
"Long day, quick shots," I grumble. Anthony slides me another one from his seat, and I down that, too.
We go like this for a while, talking and doing shots. By the time I've been there for half an hour, I can tell I'm already close to drunk. Jaden and Anthony are both way past it already.

Come over and start up a conversation with just me
And trust me I'll give it a chance now
Take my hand, stop, put Van the Man on the jukebox
And then we start to dance, and now I'm singing like

"Hey," someone mumbles behind me, tapping my shoulder. I turn around in my chair and see a pretty, nice-looking brunette. She gestures to the empty seat at our four-person table. "Is this seat free?"
"Y-Yeah," I stutter, rubbing at my chin. She sits down next to me, crossing her legs. She's dressed in a tan tank top and flowy white pants.
"What's your name?" she asks, setting her elbow on the table.
"Griffin. What about you?"
"Camille." She gives me a gleaming smile, and my heart swells.
"Would you want to go dance with me?" I ask suddenly before I lose the nerve.
"Sure." She smiles again and takes my hand, leading me out to the dance floor. We are about to start dancing when she stops and smiles. "Wait," she says quickly, making her way over to the old-school jukebox and turning on a song I've never heard of.
"What's this?" I ask when Camille returns.
"Van the Man. Let's dance," she yells over the music and noise of everyone else. I put my hands on her waist, and she throws her arms across my shoulders and starts to sway back and forth.

Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me

We dance for a while to all the different songs that play, laughing like the half-drunks we are. Eventually, it's late and our bodies are pressed together as we sway to the upbeat song that I can't even understand.
Camille smiles up at me, getting next to my ear. "What do you want to do now?" she asks, loud enough for me to hear.
I take a chance, running on the adrenaline from the shots earlier. "Want to make love?" I run my hands up her sides, and it feels like her body was handmade for me.
She smirks. "Follow me," she yells over the crowd, pulling me along until we are out the door and onto the sidewalk.
"You don't think I'm crazy for asking for sex?" I ask as she pulls me down the sidewalk. She doesn't answer, just laughs and keeps walking quickly with me in tow.
We make it to an apartment building, and Camille hauls me inside and down a nice hallway on the first floor. We get to an apartment, and she unlocks it, leading me inside.

Say, boy, let's not talk too much
Grab on my waist and put that body on me
Come on now, follow my lead
Come, come on now, follow my lead

"You have a nice place," I tell her when we enter.
"Shh," she mumbles, turning around to face me. "Let's not talk too much, we can talk in the morning."
"Yeah," I mutter looking down at her.
"Put your body on me, Griffin," she mumbles into my ear, pulling me close.
"I've never done this with a stranger before. I-I don't know what I should do, if it's different from-"
   "Follow my lead," Camille mumbles in my ear, then kisses my neck and grabs my hands, putting them on her waist.

I'm in love with the shape of you
We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body

   I run my hands up and down her sides, feeling the shape of her body. She takes the lead, kissing my neck and jaw, occasionally nibbling in my ear. It turns me on, and the foreplay gets too much.
   I take control, pushing her up against the wall and sucking on her neck. She moans quietly, rubbing her hands through my hair. Her moaning turns me on even more, and I push my leg between her thighs and slide her shirt off.
   She wraps her legs around my waist, and we make our way back to her bedroom, pushing and pulling and taking our clothes off along the way. I'm so in love with her, and the way her body makes me feel...
   Am I falling in love with her?

And last night you were in my room
And now my bedsheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body

   The next evening, I'm finally waking up back in my own bed after getting home this morning with a massive hangover. I look and see Camille texted me.
   I woke up and my first thoughts were how you were in my bed last night. Maybe we can do something again some time, she said.
   I'd like that. I have some meetings this week, but maybe Saturday we can go out? If that's the kind of thing you meant, I reply.
   Yeah, sounds good to me, Camille sends back.
   I smile at my phone. The beautiful woman who's body I fell in love with over one night, I was now discovering my actual feelings for.

One week in we let the story begin
We're going out on our first date
You and me are thrifty, so go all you can eat
Fill up your bag and I fill up a plate

   So, I begin my text, what do you want to do Saturday?
   There's this classic thrifty diner not too far away I really like to go to. Maybe we can go there, Camille responds. I'm into a classic, vintage type of aesthetic.
   Sounds cool. I'll meet you outside the bar at six, and we can walk to the diner from there.
   Sounds great, she replies.

We talk for hours and hours about the sweet and the sour
And how your family is doing okay
Leave and get in a taxi, then kiss in the backseat
Tell the driver make the radio play, and I'm singing like

   That Saturday, we meet outside the bar. I smile when I see her approach.
   "So, you're into a thrifty aesthetic?" I ask with a laugh as we enter the diner.
   "Yeah." She smiles at me and sits down on a stool at the counter. "I think the vintage look is nice."
   We talk for hours there at the counter. We talk about everything from our families to our work to our best childhood memories and our favorite colors. It's nice, and I can tell we are getting closer.
   We finally leave at nine when the diner kicks us out because they have to close. We laugh as we leave, but then the rain starts to pour down on us.
   "Let's get a taxi!" I say as we duck back under the diner's awning.
   "Sure!" Camille replies with a laugh. I call us a taxi while she laughs at the rain, and, eventually, I'm laughing with her.
   The taxi arrives a few minutes later, and we crawl inside. We are laughing and soaking wet when we make eye contact as the taxi drives off and into the street traffic.
   Camille smiles at me, then leans in quickly and kisses me roughly. I kiss her back, hands dangling through her wet locks of hair. It gets heated quickly, so I call up to the driver, "Can you turn the radio up?"
   He does, and we are back to kissing and starting to let out soft moans. When the taxi gets back to my apartment, we run out quickly and into the building.

Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me

   We take our kissing into the elevator, where I push her into the corner and she throws her arms around my neck. Then, we move into my apartment and into the bedroom, doing the same thing as last week. I get nervous and follow her lead until we are both madly turned on.

Say, boy, let's not talk too much
Grab on my waist and put that body on me
Come on now, follow my lead
Come, come on now, follow my lead

   The next weekend, we go to the bar we met at and meet up with Jaden and Anthony. We get drunk, and then start dancing. Her body grinds against me as I run my hands all over her perfect, tailor-made body.

Come on, be my baby, come on

   A few days after that, we go on another date. I ask her to be my girlfriend, and she thankfully says yes. I'm glad, and during sex that night, I keep grinning and calling her baby.