Oneshot•Griffin Johnson•Watch Out For You Part 1

Summary: All the guys are messing around at the mall when Griffin knocks into Amerie, a worker, and breaks her nose. She gets fired from the Aeropostale, and Griffin feels guilty and follows after her.

Griffin POV
   "No, let's go in here!" Payton says excitedly, already running into Aeropostale. A few of our group run after him, and the rest of us follow behind quickly.
   "No, get skinny jeans," Chaser is already telling him when we get in the store. We all spread out in small groups, laughing loudly and being somewhat obnoxious.
   "I'm going to get some scrunchies and be a VSCO girl. Griffin, let's trade scrunchies," Jaden squeals in a girly voice.
   "Save the turtles. Metal straws!" I squeal back, grabbing a pack of metal straws.
   "You guys sound like pigs with all your squealing!" Chase shouts across the store and starts snorting like a pig. We all get in on it, somehow, sounding like pigs released into Aeropostale.
   "Are those metal straws?" Noen asks with a laugh, leaning against a display stand.
   "Yes, Noen. We have to save the turtles," I scoff back sarcastically.
   "Toss me some!" Sam yells. I get another package and throw them over to him, but a worker walks behind me at the same time, and my elbow collided with her nose with a sickening crunch.
   "Oh crap. Sorry," I tell her as blood pours down her face and starts to get all over the stack of jeans she was carrying. Jaden looks at her nose with wide eyes.
   "It's-It's fine," the worker whispers, turning around quickly and heading into the back area of the store.
   "You nailed her good," Jaden says with a laugh.
   "I hope her nose is okay." I bite my lip. "Do you think I should go and try to find her?"
   "Why?" he asks, completely serious. I just stare at him, dumbfounded as to his question.
   "To apologize for breaking her nose."
   "Nah, it's not a big deal. You don't even know her," Jaden says easily, waving it off. We hear yelling and a crash in the back, and we all turn to look because it is loud.
   "You got blood all over the merchandise!" what sounds like a man's voice screams. "You can't...You know what? You're fired!"
   We all stand there and wait, but we can't hear the response. Then, the girl who's nose I broke hurries out of a back room with blood and tears streaming all over her face. There's a new cut just by her right eye, I notice.
   The man who was yelling storms after her, still yelling at her about how you can't be so dumb as to get blood on the clothes and how only an arse could be so stupid. We all just stand there, dumbfounded, as they walk out of the store. Well, the guy stops at the doors and keeps screaming, but the girl flees.
   The guy turns around and walks off to the back, ignoring us all. We just look around at each other before I sprint out, following after her.

Amerie POV
   I leave the store quickly and start off at a run as soon as I get past the doors. I run through the crowd of people who seem bewildered by the girl with blood all over her.
   "Wait! Hey, wait up!" a voice shouts behind me as I run through the mall's outside doors. I ignore it and keep going. "Wait!" the voice calls again.
   I pass the edge of the mall and quickly approach the street, still a little busy since it comes off a main road. My foot meets the pavement when I get yanked back by a pair of strong arms. A second later, a pickup speeds by the spot I was about to be in.
   I breathe heavily, still in the arms of the stranger that hasn't let go. I can feel his (definitely a he) chest breathing hard against my back.
   "Hey, are you okay?" the voice asks. It sounds a little familiar.
   "Uhm," I mumble, not being able to think of anything else to say.
   "Are you okay?" he asks again, spinning me around to face him. I see it's the man from earlier who broke my nose. "Are you alright? You almost got hit."
   "I-I guess I'm fine," I tell him quietly, shaking my head to try and clear the shock away.
  "Your nose," he whispers. I look down and see bloods has somehow managed to reach my jean-clothed knee.
   And then I pass out.

Griffin POV
   The girl collapses and slips out of my hands. I drop down to the ground and see she is out cold. I freeze.
   What do I do? What the heck do I do? Thoughts rush through my head as I kneel over her. I try to take a moment and think. You're a nurse, Griffin. Do something smart.
   Yeah, something smart. I breathe out quickly and look around. It's either go back to the mall or wait here. I look back down at the girl on the sidewalk.
   "Hey, can you hear me?" I ask loudly, brushing hair out of her face. She doesn't wake, so I try again. "Can you hear me? Can you wake up?"
   "Hmm?" A low mumble from her. Better than nothing, I guess.
   "Hey, can you wake up?" I ask her again. Her eyelids flutter before she opens them slowly. She looks around and sees the road, getting startled. "Hey, it's fine."
   "What? Why are we by the road?" She sits up quickly, but then appears to get dizzy. I lay her back down slowly, head resting on my thighs.
   "You passed out right here. Were you going somewhere?" I ask her.
   "Home," she whispers. "I live in a little apartment over there."
   "If you show me where it is, I can take you," I offer. She shakes her head slowly. "Why not?"
   "Because I can get there myself. I'm perfectly fine."
   "As the guy who broke your nose and caused you to get fired and a nurse, I feel morally obligated to make sure you get home safely." I look down at her, waiting for a response.
   "Well, I'm sorry about your moral obligations, but I can get home without a stranger helping me," she snaps.
   "You shouldn't be alone right now," I tell her. "You clearly aren't feeling well."
   "I'm fine. And I won't be alone for long, anyways. It's not a big deal," she groans, still breathing heavily.
   "Are you sure you feel okay?"
   "I'm fine," she snaps again, then choked out a cough. She sits quickly and turns her head, coughing blood out into the road.
   "You don't look fine. I'm taking you home," I say, getting up and reaching for her.
   "You don't even know where I live," she huffs.
   "Well, you can tell me, then." I pick her up bridal style and look out into the road before crossing quickly.
   "Hey, put me down!" She bats at my arm in a sad attempt to get me to let go.
   "No. You don't look like you feel well enough to walk far." I smile at her, and she just looks away. "You can lay your head on me, if you want," I offer. She looks like she is about to deny it, but decides not to and lays her head against my chest gently.
   "What's your name?" she asks quietly.
   "I'm Griffin," I respond. "How about you?"
   "Amerie."