Christmas Oneshot•Anthony Reeves•First Christmas

Summary:  Hayley and Anthony (who are both older in this, but age isn't mentioned) are celebrating Christmas with their baby for the first time with Jaden and Griffin over.

Hayley POV
"Did I get all the buttons?" Anthony asks, holding up Harlyn against his chest.
   "Let me check." I run my fingers along the edge of his onesie. "Yep. Good job."
   "Is he going to be warm enough?" Anthony asks as he looks down at him.
   "Yes, Anthony. Harlyn will be fine. Let's go." I nudge his shoulder out the door and turn the nursery lights off behind us. We make our way to the living room, where Jaden and Griffin are. They came over for Christmas because both of their families were busy and neither of our parents were coming over. They didn't approve of us keeping the child. Or getting married.
   "Ooh! I want to hold him!" Jaden whines, reaching out for him. Anthony turns to me, and I shrug, so he passes him over to Jaden. He holds him carefully against his chest, letting the baby grab his finger. "He's so cute!" Jaden says.
"Ah, he gets it from his mom," Anthony says. He sits down on the floor next to me and pulls me against him.
"Because we all know it didn't come from you," Griffin adds. Jaden and I laugh while Anthony huffs.
"I think he's getting your hair," I tell him, patting his chest. "We'll just have to wait until it grows out to see."
"Yeah," Anthony sighs.
"My turn," Griffin says, gesturing for Jaden to hand him over.
"No!" Jaden whines, scooting away from him.
"You two have to share our child," I tell them, rolling my eyes. Jaden pouts, but carefully hands him over. Griffin cradles him against his chest.
"See, I think he likes me," Griffin says.
"I think he likes the fact that he's closer to the presents," I say. Griffin frowns, but Anthony starts laughing.
   "So you got him something?" Jaden asks.
   "Yeah," Anthony says.
   "But he can't even unwrap a present yet!"
   "We put it in a bag. Maybe he can shake it out," Anthony replies, leaning over and grabbing the small bag from under the tree.
   "I would've got you more than one present, Harlyn," Griffin mumbles to the baby in his arms.
   "We got him some more clothes, but he doesn't need to open them as a present," I say. Griffin hands Harlyn back to me, and I lay him against my chest.
   "Here." Anthony grabs Harlyn's little hand and puts it on the teddy bear's ear. Harlyn grabs it, and Anthony slides the bag away. "See, he pulled it out. Good job, buddy!"
   "Stop making me look ugly. I used to be cute," Jaden whispers to Harlyn. He laughs, then hugs his teddy bear closer to him. Jaden rolls his eyes playfully and stands up. "I'm going to go find the food. I smell cinnamon rolls," he announces, heading off to the kitchen.
   "Let's go before he eats them all," Anthony says, standing and pulling me up after him. The four of us head to the kitchen after Jaden, who has already begun taking out plates.
   "Use the knife to cut them, and then take them out with the spatula," I tell Jaden.
   "Here, I'll put him in the carrier," Anthony says, gently picking up Harlyn out of my arms and walking back to the nursery. I start to get his milk ready while Griffin helps Jaden cut the cinnamon rolls apart.
   "You aren't cutting it right!" Griffin complains, pushing Jaden out of the way.
   "Well, the knife just isn't working. Stop trying to show off, I'm not used to using knives," he groans, watching as Griffin begins to cut them. I laugh and start watching.
   "I'm not either!" Griffin replies.
   "What about that one thing? A scalpel?"
   "I'm a nurse, not a surgeon," Griffin groans. He tries to cut some more, but the knife gets stuck. "Hayley, would you do this?"
   "Yeah." I laugh and start to cut the rolls apart.
   "Where's the milk at?" Anthony asks, coming back into the room with Harlyn in his carrier.
   "I didn't have a chance to finish it because I'm helping with cutting these. Apparently, they don't know how to use a knife," I tell him, smiling at Jaden, who begins protesting.
   "I'll get it," Griffin says. He starts to get the milk out of the fridge while Jaden unstacks the plates.
   "This is the most dysfunctional family Christmas ever," Anthony says with a laugh. "I like it."