Batman is soooo close

Batman was positive at this point, that he knew the identity of the group of aliens who seemed to be helping them whenever things got out of hand. And he was certain the boy, Ben, was part of the group somehow. He just needed evidence now.

      Nightwing whom was in the batcave right next to Batman, was also quite sure that the strange teenager he met was part of the group of aliens. He just needed the evidence to prove it, which was why he was going through surveillance cameras from Metropolis all the way to Gotham to find anything suspicious on the boy.

      Ben on the other hand, had just finished a two hour marathon of sumo slammers and was quite pleased with his results. That was until Azmuth AI brought him back to reality. " Young Tennyson, I suggest you leave the apartment and do some actual work. Either that or help someone in danger. I did not give you the watch to just lay down and decompose on bed. "

       " I was just going to do that anyways Azmuth. No need to get grouchy. " Ben mumbled as he trudged his way to the bathroom to freshen up.

       Half an hour later and he was at last out of the house strolling through the neighbourhood enjoying the view. " Should I start a chilli fries and smoothie shop? The chilli fries here are sad and the smoothies are nothing next to Mr. Smoothies. I probably should. " Mind made up, he looked through all of Metropolis to find a suitable location to start up business.

_____

      A week later and everything had been going smoothly. Well, as smoothly as Ben's luck makes it. Meaning some burglars wanting to rob him every now and then, that or a invasion or annihilation of earth was happening. " Your luck is that of a pea Ben. " Azmuth stated, " Six years and it stayed the same, or became worse. Hey, at least I'm helping people in need. " He says.

      The shops bell rang when the door opened and a group of people entered. One particularly interesting group of people.

      " Hi! Welcome to Mr. Smoothies chillies. What can I get ya? " he asked behind the counter.

       " What do you have? " Barry Allen asks, " what's on the menu is what I have. " He answers as he slides the menu over to them. " I'll have the grape smoothie and normal fries. " Diana orders and walks to a free table from the small crowd of customers in the shop. " One banana smoothie, chocolate sundae smoothie, and 3 apple pear smoothies. We'll take 7 chilli fries and a burger too. " Bruce informs as he takes out his wallet. " That'll be $35.60 " Taking the $100 bill Bruce gives to him, he returns the change and hands them a number. " I'll give you your orders when their done. " Knowing all they had to do now was wait, the three heroes went to take a seat with Diana.

      " This place isn't so bad, " Clark states as he looks around. The customers were calm and had a blissful expression when consuming their food, as if they were in a food coma.

     " Here you go! Enjoy the food. " placing the two trays down and taking number back, Ben turns around about to walk back to the counter when Clark stopped him. " Excuse me young sir, but are you the only one working here? " he asks worried for Ben. " Uhhhh what else? I am the one who owns the shop after all. " Barry chokes on his smoothie as he hears that.

     Once his coughing dies down he asks again, not sure if his ears worked previously, " I'm sorry, would you mind repeating what you said? Cause it sounded like you said you own this place even though you look like a 15 years old teenager. "

       " One, I'm 16 and two, that's rude. Don't you judge a person by their age. " Pointing two fingers up into the air and then to the speedster, he turns around and walks back to the counter where his smoothie was waiting for him.

      After an hour or two, the lunch crowd started to go back to work, but the four superheroes were still talking about something Ben was sure involved aliens. Or their usual villains. Now that he thought about it, those guys could use a therapist or two.

       Now that lunch hour was over, Ben was relaxing as much as he could, considering the fact that a certain billionaire was staring at him on a level above his comfort zone. Finally, he had enough of the stare and asked through slightly narrowed eyes " Can I help you? Cause staring at me isn't making you seem creepy. "

      Taken back by his friend's behaviour, Clark speaks for him " Sorry about that, Bruce tends to get suspicious of people due to his company and all- "

    " I've never seen you around, care to tell me where you were before you came to Metropolis? " Bruce cuts the Kryptonian off, Narrowly glaring at the teen.

    " Nope. " He said popping the 'p'.

     " Though it is true, I dont seem to recall you near these parts until recently. " Diana had now began to suspect the boy and his reasons for setting up a shop.

     Sensing the tense situation between the group and laid back boy, Barry decides it to be a good time to diffuse the tension before it gets any worse than it should. " These are some good fries and smoothies! Could I get another tray of chilli fries and a grape apple smoothie? " He quickly asks as he slurps up his last apple pear smoothie and burps the gas out.

     Happy that at least someone enjoys the chilli fries and smoothies, Ben smiles and heads back into the kitchen to get Barry's order. " Something's off about him. " Batman says as he slurps on his banana smoothie looking at the direction of where the boy went.

     Minutes later and Ben comes out with a fresh serving of Chilli fries and a grape apple smoothie. " Here you go! " he chirps out as he places the tray on the table.

     Ecstatic over his new round of food, Barry grabs a small handful of fries and stuffs them into his mouth. " Thanks! How much is it? " The speedster asks in between bites, " It's on the house, take it as a thank you for enjoying the food I make here. " The hero states as he smiles and heads back to the counter and prepares for an early close- the day was tiring enough for him with the group of supers added into the mix.

     " Well it's time to close shop, I hope you had a swell time invading my personal space - not really, have fun and come back soon! " Finally done with cleaning up, the young hero proceeds to shove the small group out the doors as gently as he can even though Barry was still eating his chilli fries when it happened, so Ben placed it in a to-go carrier and promptly closed the door on them. " Phew, that was way to close wasn't it Azmuth? " He asks the AI " Your telling me, I'd rather not get found out and get hunted around like a rogue beast. Do keep yourself in check the next time you cross paths with them. We do not want our cover blown. " AI Azmuth informs sternly and heads back into the omnitrix for the day.