Gotta Be Sneaky

Jaws fell to the floor at the revelation of Ben being a Justice League member, " That's impossible! He's been a hero for a much shorter time than we have! " Kid flash protests in disbelief.

     " And I digress that. " Ben shoots back to Kid Flash. " How so? " The Lagoon boy questions with distaste. Robin was feeling ultimately awkward at this scene and decided to stop it.

      " Guys! Guys! Relax, if Batman says Ben is here to watch over us, then he is skilled enough to! Now can we get on with the briefing? " Lagoon boy huffs out haughty and Ben rolls his eyes and mutters out inconceivable words.

      " If there's nothing else, you are to go into this mission covert and not risk revealing yourself to the enemies. " And Batman heads to the Zeta tube after giving a nod of acknowledgement to Ben and Robin.

      " So, you guys wouldn't mind telling me your identities? " Ben asks cheekily, " And you'll reveal yours? " Blue beetle asks for confirmation.

      " Nope! " The teenager proudly says. Lagoon boy starts to release steam from his ears before asking angrily " And why not? "

      " Because it's a secret, duh. " And they couldn't really disagree with that, they reveal their identities to each other cause they trust each other. Even Batman didn't reveal him, all he said was that his name was Ben and nothing else.

      Heck, even the shades he's wearing at the current moment is similar to the ones nightwing always wore when he was Robin, and they still don't know his identity.

      " I'm Robin, can't tell my I.D cause Batman doesn't want me to. " Robin greets as he shakes Ben's hand whom nods his head in understanding.

      " Name's Superboy, I go by Conner. " The half Kryptonian greets with a nod of his head. " Good to know. " Ben nods his head once more.

     Many more people later and Ben's now acquainted with everyone in the team. Boarding the M'ggans ship, they head off to Central City to start their mission.

     Three hours later, and things have started to blow up and explode.

      ' I'M BEGINNING TO THINK YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW WHAT COVERT MEANS! " Ben shouts into the mind link as he dives for cover behind a boulder nearby from the onslaught of rapid fire bullets. ' BUT IF I THINK ABOUT IT, YOUR FILES DID SAY THAT YOU'RE VERY BAD AT COVERT. WHY DOES BATMAN KEEP SENDING YOU ON THESE MISSIONS IF YOU KEEP BLOWING STUFF UP!! '

        ' That's harsh, but true. ' Robin agrees with a small sigh as he throws a birdarang at a nearby bad guy knocking him out and rendering him useless. ' Hey! Don't agree with the guy who's practically useless right now! ' La'gaan scolds the bird themed hero haughtily as he too takes a dive behind a door or a warehouse.

      " I'll show you useless. " Ben mumbles angrily to the Atlantian under his breath.

      When there's a small stop of bullets raining down, Ben heads back out into the warzone full of determination.

      " Are you nuts?! What are you doing here! You're going to get killed! " Conner shouts as he punches a guy out of consciousness. " Stopping bad guys from getting the shipment of Kryptonite. I'll be fine. " Ben replies as he knocks down two guys at once in a single move.

       It wasn't long until Ben realised that the leader was missing in the fight. ' You guys got this, I'm going to check on something. ' He informs and runs off to the harbour.

     ' Subject Ben is interesting but dangerous. I suggest we eliminate him before we can't stop him. ' The alien informs Jaime Reyes while providing more than a hundred ways to kill Ben effectively.

      " We are not killing him. " Jaime says as he blasts a beam from his armor. " Does the scarab wanna kill Ben again and mess with the mode? " Bart Allen asks as he appears out of nowhere and ties up the bad guys and knocks them out.

      " What do you think about it? " Jaime asks Bart who shrugs his shoulders. " From what I know from the database in the future, Ben doesn't stay in one place, and disappears every now and then. There wasn't even any specific information about him. It's like he was a ghost. Which totally crashes the mode. "

       This was overheard by Kaldur, Robin and Superboy who were close by. " What do you mean he disappears every now and then? " Conner asks with an eyebrow raised.

.....

      Ben on the other hand, was having a swell time by himself.

     He managed to catch up with the gang leader who was loading up a surprisingly large stash of Kryptonite onto a medium sized boat. " Since he's busy, it's hero time! " Ben exclaims as he turns the omnitrix dial, slams his hand onto it making the familiar bright green glow envelope him once again.

       " Upgrade! " The Galvanic Mechamorph exclaims in all his glory. Looking from behind a pillar out of sight, Upgrade checks to see if the leader had already finished loading the Kryptonite.

      Unluckily for him, he already did and was in the process of starting up the boat to head out to sea.

      " There's no time to lose! " Upgrade says as he turns into a liquid state and heads toward the boat. " Haha! Those brats won't even know what hit them! " The guy proclaims aloud to himself as the boat drifts further away into the sea.

      " Are you sure? " a voice suddenly asks out of nowhere. The boat suddenly morphing as it turns green and black in colour. A symbol on the side of the boat was seen clearly.

      " AH! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS! " The guy shouts in terror when the boat has weapons on the side of the ship aimed at him. " Relax, these are stun guns. " a head pops up from the steering wheel suddenly, freaking the guy out even more.

     " Ah! DIE YOU FREAK! " The bad guy pathetically shouts as he points his gun to the head and randomly fires at it.

     " Well that's rude. " The Galvanic Mechamorph states when the bullets run out. " You know what, just go to sleep. " The alien concludes, as he fires a shot from the stun gun and successfully knocks out the guy.

      " Now that that's over with, I'm gonna need some chilli fries after all of this is over. "

      Driving back the boat to the harbour near the warehouse, it was obvious the fight was already over based on how quiet the area was. And no one was at the docks yet.

     Parking the ship and turning off the engine, Upgrade removes itself from the ship returning it to it's original form.

     Changing from his solid form to liquid like form, Upgrade heads back to where he changed previously and immediately after he's out of sight and away from any prying eyes, the all to familiar bright light engulfs him once again and Ben is now human.

      Running back to the boat parked at the docks, Ben makes haste and ties the unconscious leader up with some rope he found lying around on the boat and makes sure nothing was out of the ordinary. Once done, he awaits for the Young Juctice team to arrive.

       And just as expected, The young Justice members appeared all together running with frantic looks on their faces.

      " Did the leader get away? " Robin asks frantically, looking around the area for any sign.

     " Relax man, he's over there on the boat. " Jerking his thumb over to the boat the team now notices the knocked out leader tied up with rope on the boat. " What happened? " Garfield asks as he examines the unconscious man.

     " He managed to sneak off to the docks with a surprisingly large amount of Kryptonite and was planning to get away by sea on boat. I managed to catch him and stop him in time. " Ben informs them happily.

     " Wha- How- That's not possible! " La'gaan shouts in disbelief at what Ben did. " Oh it is. " Ben shoots back with a smug smirk on his face.