Dire Situations

" Are you guys okay? " Gravattack asks the heroes while the remaining Red Lanterns, decide to have a one versus all with him.

" Watch out! " Hal shouts seeing Dex-starr sneak up on the Galilean from above. " Woah there! " Managing to immobilize the blue cat as just as he pounces, the alien tosses the cat straight into his comrades while they charge.

" And it's a strike! " He celebrates childishly, throwing his arms up into the air. He didn't even get to celebrate for more than a second, when a Red energised hand appears suddenly in an attempt to grab hold of him.

Caught off guard by the energised hand, Gravattack clumsily dodges and practically hands himself on a silver platter right into the waiting attacks of the Red Lanterns on the sidelines.

Like Gravattack was going to make their lives so easy.

In no time flat, he regains his footing and uses activates his power, making the gravity around the villains increase to the point where they were forced to lie face first on the ground, unable to move.

With that settled, the only villain left to handle, was Dex-Starr, the weird blue cat wearing red skin tight suit. " Is it just me, or are the enemies getting even weirder as the time goes on. " Gravattack comments, watching the super powered cat prepare itself for round two.

Leaping into the air, Dex-starr readies his powers as he heads straight for the Galilean holding his comrades down to the ground.

But right as the blue cat was inch above Gavattack, a glowing green boxing glove knocks him off course " Need any help? " Looking to the side where the box came from, he sees Hal with his ring powered up, aimed at where Dex-starr originally was.

Unfortunately for Gravattack, he had no time to express his thanks because a handful of the Red Lanterns, being held down by him increasing the gravity around them, slowly but surely rise to their feet with little struggle.

" Oh come on! " Gravattack exclaims. Splitting his attention into two, he continues to hold down the ones unable to do much with one hand, while his other quickly lifts up the standing villains into the air, and proceeds to bounce them on the floor repeatedly as if they were basketballs.

He only did this to stall enough time, for Hal and John to come up with an effective method to restrain them.

Thankfully, it didn't take too long for them to think of one.

Once they were sure the Red Lanterns couldn't escape their temporary holding cells anytime soon, the three left the base to the rest of the capable hands Green Lanterns healed, and able to defend the base if anymore attacks popped out of nowhere.

" Best bet is their base is less guarded after attacking, so we should head there while we can. " John speculates, as they fly through space and begin to enter Earth's atmosphere.

" Hold up. " Hal pauses halfway.

" What is it? "

" Ben was in the base when the attack happened. What if was he killed during the fight? " That made Gravattack turn around in his planetoid form, and wreck his brain to think up a convincing lie.

" You mean the teen in the white hoodie with green stripes? " He asks, to which Hal nods to, " Ah. He's fine. " Without saying anything else, he turns his body back to Earth and continues on.

' Smooth Ben, smooth. ' Sarcastically praising himself, he picks up the pace leaving the two Green Lanterns to behind.

Not wanting to press on the topic any further when millions of lives are on the line, Hal and John shrug their shoulders and push the topic aside.

Arriving at Metropolis, the sight was.....interesting, to say the least.

Superman was fighting one to one against a energised golem at least sixteen times his height and size, Black Canary was having a one versus ten situation and was faring quite well, Wonder Woman was straight up punching her way through anyone or anything that got in her way making aliens fly to the left and right.

Batman was in his Batjet launching knock-out-gas missiles right into the centre of the enemy numbers. Green Arrow and Flash were teaming up to handle a rather large chunk of Red Lanterns.

Even through all the chaos, the base of the Red Lanterns barely even got a scratch. The enemy was significantly stronger in power and numbers. It was quite obvious that in due time, the heroes would lose the fight.

Without a word, the small group of three splits up and heads to help out wherever their needed.

Gravattack heads to Superman, occupied with the giant sized golem. Getting out of his planetoid form, the Galilean stands nearby Superman and raises his arms, aiming for the Kryptonian.

" Let's hope this works. " He mumbles out, activating his powers. " Superman! " He hollers out, making sure the man of steel knows he's nearby. " I'm gonna give you a boost! At least I hope it's a boost. " He whispers the last part to himself, not wanting the man of steel to hear it.

Without delay, he activates his powers and a faint green glow appears on Superman while the fight goes on.

Feeling much lighter than usual, Superman begins throwing punches on the golem harder and faster, so much so to the point where the golem couldn't take the pressure anymore and went away, unable to fight anymore. Gravattack puts his arms down, deactivating his power.

" Thank you. " The Kryptonian says as he flies next to Gravattacks side, careful not to expose his name. " No problem. "

" Think you could do that again, but towards the base this time? " The rock planetary alien wonders looking up to the base. " We won't know till we try. " Getting the approval from the man himself, Gravattack excitedly raises his arms up once more and successfully reduces the gravity around the super once more.

Flying off, the man of steel begins to increase his speed as he closes in on his target.

Three seconds before Superman makes contact with the base.

Some of the Red Lanterns on board the base, notice the incoming attack and hastily proceed to raise the barriers, layering them to strengthen it's defense.

However, it was too late for them. The barriers were put up far too late, Superman's speed was to the point it was almost impossible to stop him without suffering severe injuries.

It was as if the layered barriers were non existent when Superman made contact with them, going through them like butter. " RUNNN!!! " One of the Red Lanterns yell out, signalling the start of the screaming and shouting, ignorant of the faint green glow encasing all the aliens onboard and nearby.

The screaming and shouting didn't last long though, for Superman had made contact with the base at last and flew straight through it like it was nothing.

It took a good fat second before a series of explosions followed in succession.

KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM KABOOM

When the explosions finished at last, the remaining Red Lanterns at that point, knew they were defeated.

Weighed down by the guilt of being unable to do anything for their comrades before the base exploded.

" Is everyone alright? " The voice of Gravattack brought them out of their stupor, turning their heads to him, they were quick to notice their comrades alive and well, orbiting in the air around the Galilean.

" Like I'm letting anyone get killed, not when I can do something about it. "