Ben is Sneaky

" Mission report. " Batman says as soon as Ben and the Young Justice members alight the bioship.

" You are cruel, do you know that? " Ben bites out when he sees the smirk on the dark knights face. " What's with sending me with them for recon when the mission ends up as intrude and destroy? "

Smirk vanishing from his face, Batman turn his attention to the team of teenagers behind him and speaks, " Head into the briefing room in ten. " Confused, the teenagers can only nod their heads and head off to freshen up.

" If you need me for something again, you're buying me breakfast and lunch. " Ben states as he crosses his arms over his chest. " Sure. Chilli fries and a smoothie? " Batman remarks as he whips out his phone for agent A.

" Three chilli fries, four smoothies of different flavours, and two burgers. " Ben tells as he slumps onto a nearby seat. Eyebrow raised at the teenager for his specific order, Batman dials for agent A and tells him of the order.

Ten minutes later and everyone is in the briefing room awaiting what Batman has to say. Batman comes strolling in with Ben by his side wearing shades and a smoothie in hand.

" The reason why your here is because of your latest mission. " The Bat Informs the curious team. " Over here is remarks Ben has made for each and everyone one of your performances on the mission. "

The hologram pops up and shows a bunch of words, everyones faces on the left side and their performance evaluation on the right. ' Wait, when did Ben manage to do all this in ten minutes? ' A Tim wearing shades asks confused in the team link.

' Nevermind that, when did he start eating those chilli fries? ' Bart questions making everyone turn their attention to Ben, who indeed started eating chilli fries, his smoothie nowhere in sight.

" How come Ben is evaluating us when we did most of the work? " La'gaan complains aloud.

Now Ben has become annoyed and Batman doesn't even need to turn to the young hero to know. " And now your just rude. " Ben grits out as he stalks up to the Atlantian and drags him upfront to the hologram.

Swiping the screen all the way to La'gaan's picture, Ben stops the page from scrolling and turns his head quite violently to La'gaan, " Read this and weep. " And read it they did.

Three minutes later and someone did weep, but they were too hidden to know who exactly wept. Batman felt the atmosphere was awkward enough and decided to break it before it got anymore awkward.

" Do you now know why Ben was sent on this mission with you? Those with poor evaluations will be following Ben for his missions and the rest will train, any questions? " The Batman glares the teenagers down in question.

Ben who was by his side, choked on his third smoothie from the new information. Regaining back his calm, Ben slightly glares at the Bat since he was not told of the young justice members joining him for missions.

" You know I choose to go solo. Why'd you even say that? " Ben asks crossly. " You only work solo because you don't have enough trust built with the team. Do this for a week and then we'll see what'll happen then. "

Index finger up, Ben bargains " Buy me whatever I want to eat for a month and we've got a deal. " Rolling his eyes at the condition, the dark knight nods his head and promptly shakes the young heros hand in agreement.

---

" So what are we doing? " La'gaan questions confused, " We're on a mission to find out why you're really on the team. " Ben replies back seriously.

Scoffing, La'gaan crosses his arms over and speaks, " Really? You couldn't have come up with a better excuse? " Shaking his head in disappointment, Ben looks at the the night sky to await for one more hero.

And the third person at last arrives in all his glory, white cape fluttering in the wind and thunder zapping around, Shazam touches down in a very cool manner.

" You've got to be kidding me. " Lagoon boy says in astonishment, " No duh! Why would I kid you? I could be making myself some chilli fries right now. "

" Oh! Can I have some more? " Shazam asks excitedly, " Ran out already? " Ben asks in mild surprise, " Yup! Those fries and smoothies are so good I can't stop myself! " The hero smiles brightly at his food giver.

Rolling his eyes playfully at the demigod, Ben nods his head and says " Alright, I'll make you twice the portion I gave you last time. "

La'gaan is thoroughly confused at what he's seeing. Rubbing his eyes to make sure he isn't dreaming, he stares once more while Ben and Shazam's converse on the topic of food with each other of all things.

" What are you two doing? " He asks at last. The two heroes pause their conversation and look towards Lagoon boy, " Talking? " Shazam replies. " But we're on a mission, why are you so stress free? The mission needs to succeed. "

At last knowing why Lagoon boy is so tense at every movement, Ben shakes his head gently and puts his arms up, " Look, it's fine to be chill and take a step back from time to time. And from what I've been seeing, you need it the most. "

It wasn't long until the intruder alarm went off in the building nearby.

Whipping his head to the direction of the building, Lagoon boy just missed Ben transforming into Ripjaws and jumping gracefully into the water nearby.

Turning his head back around to talk to Ben, Lagoon boy notices the teen is nowhere in sight. Confused, he looks to Shazam for an explanation only to receive a shrug of his shoulder and a bright smile as he talks " Trust me when I say Ben's trustworthy in more ways than you can imagine. "

" Wha-? " Lagoon boy questions only to be stopped by the sound of manly shreels coming from the building itself. " Huh? "

To confused with what's going on, Lagoon boy attempts to head to the building, only to be stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

Shazam stops the teenager with a knowing look directed at the building, " His got this, he's faced worse. " He reassures Lagoon boy whom in turn, is only more confused than ever.

" With got to help them! " He finally yells through the noise of the alarm, " Help who? " A raspy voice asks from behind him.

Taken by surprise, Lagoon boy jumps in place and turns to the source of the voice. Only what he sees, is not what he expected.

" Hi! " Ripjaws greets happily with a wave of his hand. " What? I- Why?- You! " He at last says pointing to Shazam, " Me? " Shazam points to himself in confusion.

" Who is he?! " The Atlantian yells out hysterically. " A hero. " The Pisccis Volann introduces while bringing up a hand up to shake hands with the Lagoon boy.