An Ally in Need

Staring at Ripjaws hand offered out for him to shake, Lagoon boy is very much confused at what happened in the span of three minutes.

     " Are you going to shake my hand or leave me hanging? " Ripjaws says startling the Atlantian out of his thoughts. " Uh-uh-uhm, does my king know about your existence? "

     Ripjaws shrugs his shoulders in response " More or less. " He says. " More or less? What does that even mean? " The now even more confused Atlantian questions.

    " What it means. " Ripjaws was just having some fun at this point. " Okay....now that we've gotten to know each other, let's get down to business! " Shazam interrupts, desperately wanting to escape from the awkward atmosphere the two had created.

     " Where's Ben? " La'gaan at last notices the absence of the teenager when he noticed there was a lack of human in their team.

     " Ah. Who is this Ben you speak of? " Ripjaws calmly asks, acting to the best of his abilities to keep his alter ego a secret from the Atlantian. Shazam got hold of the situation and just

     " We've got stray men running away guys, should we go? " Shazam hastily adds and at the perfect time too. La'gaan was getting suspicious of Ripjaws.

....

      " Fifteen..sixteen! " Shazam announces happily as he zaps down his bad guys. " Eighteen....Nineteen! " Lagoon boy follows not far behind from Shazam as he blasts a nearby goon with water. " Twenty-two....Twenty-four! " Ripjaws yells out as he rips apart the guns the goons were holding in their hands, scaring them to the point of passing out.

       " Anyone noticing that most of these guys locations are near the sea? " Shazam points out as he lightning punches a guy to unconsciousness.

     " The numbers are slowly increasing bit by bit, and it should probably be reported to Bats, but who are we kidding. He's Batman, he should already know this. " Lagoon boy and Shazam nod in agreement at Ben's words. No one can hide from Batman.

     Lagoon boy was struggling at his twenty-sixth goon, which then created a gap for ten or so goons to escape through and head straight into the water. " SHOOT! We've got runaways! " He exclaims hastily but was still getting held back by his twenty-sixth bad guy.

     " Shazam! Take my share! " Ripjaws shouts as he then picks up a passed out baddie from the ground and swings him by the arms into his group of colleagues, successfully sweeping all of them to Shazam.

    Once certain that the wizard's champion was able to handle the bad guys, Ripjaws proceeds to dive into the waters and head for the runaway men.

     Underwater, the small group of men who had escaped were snickering at the situation with each other. That was until one of them notice the increase of bubbles surrounding them at a scary pace.

    When all the goons had at last noticed the bubbles, it was too late. The bubbles had increased to the point that they couldn't see through it. They were getting frantic at this point.

    Knowing that the situation was a all for one, one of the men nearer to the bubbles attempted to swim through them. Only to stop in his tracks when he saw a shadowy figure in the water with what looked like a tail.

    Scared to the point of almost taking a dump in his pants. The man turns to his companions to alert them of the creature in the water. Alas, they were underwater and could not talk or they'd risk the chance of losing air.

    The rest of the goons notice their companions horrified expression and were confused. ' what happened? ' They all thought.

     Their question was answered when their terrified comrade was suddenly pulled back and straight into the bubble walls. The only thing they saw was a creature with shark like jaws and looked as if it came from their nightmares.

     Knowing what the problem their now-taken-comrade had found, the nine men were scared out of their wits, ' I've I've gotta get outta here. ' They all knew that they were next, but not exactly who.

    Seconds pass, but there were no changes to their numbers or the bubble wall that blocked their path.

    In a last ditch effort, three men figured if they went the same time at least one of them would be able to escape. Boy were they wrong.

    As the three swam as fast as they could straight toward the bubble wall with high hopes, it was instantly crushed when they saw the figure flash by and grab their comrade in an instant. The creature was too fast for them, and the only thing they had to protect them was the single gun one of them brought in a blur.

     ' We're screwed. ' They all thought simultaneously as they stared at the bubble wall containing the creature of their nightmares.

.....

    " I'm going in! " Lagoon boy exclaimed as started to run toward the water. " Wait! " Shazam shouts but was too slow and Lagoon boy was already in the water.

     Swimming throught the calm water, the Atlantian immediately noticed the anomaly that was located North from where the the warehouse was located. Deciding to take a look, he swam as fast and carefully as he could to get a hold of the situation at hand.

    Reaching the anomaly, Lagoon boy was surprised to say the least, the wall of bubbles was holding something, he didn't what it held but he had a guess.

    Looking around for Ripjaws he notices a figure with a tail in the water swimming around at pace too fast for him to see who - or what - it was clearly.

    " What is that? " He mumbles to himself  swimming closer to the bubbles. And he arrived just in time to see a guy get pulled out of the bubbles - unconscious- and was immediately sent upwards, all in a smooth motion.

    It appears that the job was done when the bubble prison was gone at last and the one responsible for it was able to be seen at last.

    " Ripjaws?! " The Atlantian says in a mixture of confusion and awe. As if he heard the exclamation, the Pisccis volann turned his head to Lagoon boy. Seeing the Atlantian underwater, Ripjaws waves his hand softly at the hero before jetting out of the water to safely secure the passed out goons.

     Exiting the water, La'gaan looks around for any sign of the fish-like hero on the surface. Shazam notice the Atlantian in the water and helped him up onto land, considering the fact that the teenager was still slightly injured from his fight.

    " Where Ripjaws? " La'gaan asks looking around the land for the fish hero.

    " He went back to his own things when he runaways were secured. But he did say that you did a good job for the mission ,an that he'd be sure to tell Ben of your progress! " The Champion  happily tells the Atlantian whom was still in a daze.

    " Hey guys! What'd I miss? " Ben greets the two with three trays of chilli fries and three milkshakes in his hands, a fry was in his mouth.

     " Where'd he find those? " La'gaan asks, confused as to where the hero got the food.