No Way Out

With his hoverboard appearing at a very undesirable time, Ben huffs out in frustration before grabbing the alien tech and heads out of the forest to meet back up with Shazam.

Just as he takes a step, a head drops down from above right in front of his face and asks " What's that? "

" Shouldn't you be with Shazam? " Ben asks with a raise of his brow completely done with the day as it is while he stealthily moves the hoverboard out of Superboy's sight.

" Okay first thing's first, how do you know I followed you guys, and second, you do know that I can see what your doing, right? " Superboy says moving from his hanging position to standing on the ground upright.

" That's not important, what's important is that you shouldn't be here, and I need to help Shazam with something in Fawcett city. " Ben walks past Superboy and increases his speed.

" Let me help you then. " The half Kryptonian suggests easily keeping up with Ben's speed.

" Why do you even want to fight so badly anyways? " Ben says as he climbs onto the Tenn-speed 2.0, tossing his hoverboard at his feet.

" Becuase whenever there's trouble, you're either at the centre of it or the cause of it. " Superboy states while Ben starts up his ride.

" That is not true. " Ben says waving the boy off before heading back on the road to quickly catch up with Shazam.

With Ben saying nothing else, Superboy takes it as a form of acknowledgement and happily follows the teenager without trouble.

At the entrance of Fawcett city, the two meet up with the city's hero who was happily waving at them.

" Hey Ben, did you finish what you needed to do? " The demigod asks looking at the hoverboard by Ben's feet on his ride and the half Kryptonian behind him.

" More or less. " Was Ben's answer with a lax shrug of his shoulders. " So why are we here? " Superboy asks landing on his feet beside Ben who's parking the Tenn-speed 2.0 due to the fact that they were close enough to their destination to walk the rest of the way.

Well, that, and the fact that bringing it along would be too much of a hassle and Ben doesn't want his ride to get destroyed...again.

He is bringing the hoverboard though, he'll never answer the questions about where he got it when asked.

" We are here because Shazam's nemesis has found the rock of magic- "

" Eternity, rock of eternity " The demigod corrects.

" Same thing. " Ben waves him off nonchalantly before leaving the two behind as he enters the city.

" It's not the 'same thing' and you know it! " Shazam exclaims as he breaks into a sprint in an attempt to tackle the teen hero to the ground.

Narrowly dodging the tackle, Ben slaps the broad back of the magical hero to get his point across " Dude! You could have flattened me! "

Huffing slightly the hero deflates as he crosses his arms over his chest, the 'man' then proceeds
to drag his feet behind the two teen heroes, contemplating his life choices.

Reaching the station's entrance, the small group stops in their tracks, unsure of where to go or how to enter.

" Shazam, mind leading the way? This is your villain after all. " At the entrance of the subway, Ben and Superboy looks back to Shazam, awaiting his lead.

With an awkward clearing of his throat, the young hero steps forward and leads the their small team to where Black Adam and the rock of eternity is.

.

.

.

With an opening of the door, Ben and Superboy enter the hallway looking green and having the strong urge to puke, while Shazam follows after looking fine.

" Never again. " Superboy states, already close to hugging the walls in an attempt to not puke out his lunch.

" I'm beginning to think you have something against me. " Ben says once he manages to successfully curb off the nausea.

" What makes you say that? " Shazam asks with a slight hint of a smirk on his face.

Deciding to leave the topic for after their impromptu mission, Ben looks around the hallway wanting to get a sense of his surroundings and what exactly are they dealing with.

Aside from the seven statues of nightmare inducing monsters - which he is pretty sure are the Seven deadly Sins, so he takes a small step back - lined up along the wall Superboy was leaning on for support still.

" Are you sure it's a good idea to put these guys so near to the rock of magic? " Ben asks as he looks at the direction all the sins were facing.

" Don't ask me, the Wizard was the one who put them here first. I just make sure they don't escape. Don't touch or go near that. " Directing Ben away from the dangerous glowing sphere, the hero also wonders about the strange logic of the Wizard.

" Is that it? Huh, I was expecting the rock of eternity to have some of that, I dunno... wow factor? " Superboy states once the nausea fades away and he catches up with the two other heroes.

" Who cares, let's just find Black lightning and get this over and done with. " ' If my past self and hoverboard are able to get here through that weird portal, then it's most definitely not good. '

" You are aware that you butcher the names of supervillains, right? " Shazam raises a brow at Ben, wondering if the teen has memory loss or doesn't really care if he says the names incorrectly.

" Question, Where is Black Adam. " Superboy points out, once he notices the strange silence that's been accompanying the three since they stepped foot in the lair.

A short silence was the answer to the young boy's question. Already in the premises of Black Adam's temporary territory, theg proceed towards the rock of eternity to ensure that it really is the real thing and that it's safe.

They've already messed up on sneaking into the enemy base, and the villain hasn't shown up, made his evil laugh, or enter the area with a dramatic entrance, so they are assuming their safe, for now.

Reaching the rock of eternity, Ben and Superboy have no idea what their supposed to do exactly, so they just... look.

They stand there and look at the magical rock, unsure of what to do or how to identify it as the real thing. Heck, they don't even know what the real thing looks like, for all they know, Black Adam could've just moved the real one and placed a decoy so that Shazam would fall into his trap.

They did move when Shazam touched the rock and nothing happened after a while.

" Is it really the rock of eternity? " Superboy asks, randomly poking the rock in curiosity.

Ben was next to the half Kryptonian, eyes squinted with his left arm supporting the other with his hand under his chin, contemplating on their next course of action " Is it even safe to touch it? "

Upon closer inspection, Shazam found nothing wrong with the rock of eternity when he placed his hand on it's surface, but he did feel something wrong in their surroundings.

A frown was on his face when Superboy was busy poking the rock of eternity, about to inform the other two about his findings, but it was already too late.

Without any of the boys noticing, Black Adam was behind them, next to the statues of the seven sins, a dangerous glint in his eyes as he lifts his hand into the air, releasing his magic and aiming it towards them.