Visiting a Hero

" Here. " Ben says handing Shazam a tray of chilli fries and smoothie. " Score! " The hero yells in delight as he begins to munch happily on his share.

    " I got you some too. " Ben states to the half confused and half weirded out Atlantian as he passes him his share of chilli fries.

    " What about the second smoothie? " Lagoon boy asks in confusion looking at the two smoothies in Ben's hands. Noticing what he meant, Ben places his arms into a cross position hastily saying " Nope. These are mine. Get your own ones. "

     " But you got Shazam one? " He asks in defense, " Cause he told me he wanted one. You did not."

     " Report in Ben, Shazam. " Batman's voice comes out of nowhere startling the young Atlantian, " Oh! Gimme a sec. " Ben says as he and Shazam turn on their comms to listen to the Bat. " What's up Bats? " Ben cheerily greets the brooding hero, " Report status update. " The dark knight says grumpily.

     " Right, Lagoon boy isn't doing as bad as the previous mission. Now all he needs to do is find his real purpose in this hero-filled world. " Hearing a grunt in response to Ben who sighs in relief of his job being done, stops immediately when he hears the hero's next words.

    " Get back to the watch tower once things are handled on your end, there are some things you need to know. And bring Shazam with you.  " The demigod proceeds to choke on his chilli fries at the fact that he was caught red handed by the dark knight, considering the fact he switched places with Wonder woman to be with Ben.

   " Don't know why your saying that, but aye-aye captain! " Ben plays dumb and immediately cuts off contact with Batman, not giving him any chance to say anything else. " Ummm, so I take it that the mission is done? " La'gaan awkwardly asks the two superheroes, shuffling his feet as quietly as he can to get out of their sight. 

   " Yup! You can head back to mount Justice anytime you want now, me and Shazam are going to hang back and make sure these guys, " He points his index finger to the unconscious men lying on the concrete ground next to them, " Are handed over to the police without any hiccups before heading off. "

    Saying his goodbyes, Lagoon boy heads off towards Mount Justice to freshen up for the day.

    When the cops at last arrive and apprehend the men - With Ben hiding by the sides for identity reasons - Shazam bids the policemen still securing the area a farewell and leaves the area with Ben following behind in the shadows.

       Arriving at the watchtower through the Zeta tubes, the two young heroes make their way to the meeting room where the rest of the heroes await their arrival.

      " Ben, Shazam. Good to finally have you here. " Superman greets the two once they enter the room. " We were wondering what took you two so long. " Flash tells the two.

     " We were waiting for the cops to show up and take the bad guys into their hands, so we ended up taking longer then we thought we would. " Ben informs the members.

      " Martian Manhunter won't be able to join us for this meeting, so Wonder woman will be briefing him on the situation after this is over. " Batman informs the heroes seated in the room who nod in understanding.

     With that said Batman turns his body to face the hologram in the center of the room, signalling the start of the meeting.

    All eyes now on the hologram, Batman starts speaking. Ben now has a smoothie in hand, sips on it as he listens to the best of his abilities.

   " How do you make those smoothies and fries appear out of thin air? It makes no sense! " Flash says in frustration seeing how the laws of science does not work on Ben at all.

    Smirking smugly at the red clad hero, Ben turns his attention back to Batman who was now in the middle of his briefing.

    " The league of Villains has been surfacing lately through destruction of government property. " Batman starts off showing the pictures of burning buildings on the hologram.

     " How did they even get pass the security? " Superman asks thoughtfully crossing his arms over his chest.

     " They've been leaving their mark near the scene of the crime without fail every single time. " Batman answers swiping the hologram to show the pictures of the League of villains insignia.

    " Based on their recent activity and their destructive pattern, the headquarter of the government is their next target. " Green lantern speaks up worried " When do they strike then Bats? "

     " It'll be either this week or next week. I can't exactly pinpoint the exact date or time of when they'll make their move, so we'll have to stake out the area until then. " The heroes nod their heads in agreement.

     " But we still need to make sure our cities are safe while doing it. " Shazam states, also in worry. " We'll be keeping look out in intervals so the cities will still be protected in cases of emergencies.  " Batman reassures.

      When the briefing of the mission and the handing out of their duties is done, Superman asks " Anyone have any questions? " Ben raises his hand.

      " I have one. " The young hero says making the heroes turn their attention to him, " What is it? " Wonder Woman asks.

     " What's ' the league of villains? ' " Flash, Shazam and Green Arrow proceed to choke on thin air while Superman along with wonder woman give a very Surpised face at the teenager. Batman doesn't even know whether Ben is kidding or not at this point in time. The boy was weird in some ways.

      " Your kidding right? Please tell me you are. " Flash pleads Ben, " I am not. " Ben replies truthfully.

       " Weren't you here when the league of villains threatening the fate of the world?! " Flash exclaims in surprise. " They were? " Ben asks in mild confusion.

      ' I should probably start reading up on those villain files soon or they'll start getting suspicious of where I'm from. ' Mentally putting a pin to take note of in his mind, Ben embarrassingly puts a hand to the back of his head, laughing nervously.

      " There was something going on that made me not be able to contact the outside world for a period of time. " He smoothly says with the calmest face he could muster, and it surprisingly worked!

      Though some heroes are still suspicious of Ben, they reluctantly let it go and focus back on the topic at hand. " So its settled then. Me and Superman will take first watch, Green Arrow and Flash will take second watch, Wonder woman and Martian Manhunter will take third watch, and Ben and Shazam will take the last watch. " Batman confirms with the heroes present as he gives them a small tech piece from his utility belt.

     " What's this? " Ben asks curiously " A knock out gas incase you bump into a member from the league of villains, we need to apprehend one of them to be able to uncover their plans. " The vigilante says switching off the hologram.

      " We'll be starting watch in two days time, be ready. " After that, the heroes went their own ways for the day while Ben and Shazam went for a quick break for chilli fries and smoothies.