Stake Outs Never Go as Planned

" Remind me again why I'm surrounded by a group full of bad guys, loaded with guns pointed at my face, when we were just doing a stake out. " Ben asks Shazam who was standing beside him.

" Umm, my bad? " The demigod says embarrassingly as he charges up his lightning with his hands hidden behind his back.

" Ben, Shazam, report status update. " Superman's comes in through the speaker, cutting the dead silence like a hot knife cutting butter. " Sorry, gimme me a sec here. " Ben says as he turns his back to the men and activates his comms.

" Kind of busy here at the moment. Talk later? " He asks hurriedly, " No. " Batman rejects the proposition instantly. ' Should've known that'd be the answer. ' Ben sighs at the thought.

" Shazam, keep them busy while I update headquarters on what's happening. " Ben whispers to Shazam who grins at the idea of a fight. " Sure! " Lightning fully charged up, Shazam releases his power immediately and knocks out the men who were closest to the two.

" Alright then, where do I start? " Ben mumbles to himself amidst the screaming and fighting men. " Right, the beginning. "

Clearing his throat, Ben proceeds to activate the hologram on the device showing Batman and Superman awaiting for his and Shazam's status update.

" So....." He starts off awkwardly " After me and Shazam took over Wonder woman and Martian Manhunters shift, everything was going great! Minus the fact that every single one of the bad guys were suspiciously awake and watching the area like hawks. " He mumbles the latter part to himself which Superman still heard.

" We were like thirty minutes in, when all of a sudden, they decided to release pepper powder into the air. How does that even make sense?! " Ben says exasperated.

Ben turns to check on Shazam still taking out the large amount of bad guys but surrounding them, but since he's having a fun and is able to hold himself everything is fine.

" We couldn't help it but sneeze okay?! " Ben gives in at the look of disappointment from the two on the hologram, " You try breathing in air filled with pepper powder and not sneeze! It's not easy! "

He says as he dodges an unconscious man flying at him. " My bad! " Shazam shouts out as he punches a guy in the gut sending him flying as well, " It's fine! " Ben reassures before turning his attention back to the hologram.

" How did you even get found out? " Superman asks curiously, " Shazam has lightning powers, you do the math. " Ben states with his eyes focused on one of the guys placing something mysterious on the ground before running off.

" Definitely suspicious. " He states as he walks to the device on the ground. " What's suspicious? " Batman asks grumpy.

" Um, a guy planted a device on the ground and ran off, turns out, it's a bomb. " Ben says wide eyed at the realisation.

" Get out of there now. Both of you. " Both heroes say the moment they heard the word. " I've got this! No need to worry, theres like a minute left. Shazam! " He calls the attention of his partner, " Yeah? "

" I'm going to take care of this bomb, so make sure to take care of these guys properly! I'll be back soon! " And runs off to a secluded area. " WHAT! " Shazam shouts in horror at the fact that Ben just ran with a bomb in hand.

" Shazam, do as he says we all know he knows what to do. " Superman states through Shazam's comms. Sighing was all he could do before continuing his fight.

....

" Now that I'm out of anyone ones sight, It's hero time! " He exclaims as his palm makes contact with the watch.

" Juryrigg! " The Planchaküle exclaims and begins his work. "FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX!" He says quickly as he disassembles the bomb in seconds and reassembles something completely different immediately after that.

Once he was done reasembling the dismantled device, Juryrigg proceeds to head back to where the fight was occurring.

" Time to change back! " The red alien says as he presses his dial and turns back into Ben before entering the area.

" What's in your hand? " Shazam asks curiously as he floats to where Ben was standing. " Nothing much really. Just something I rigged with the help of a certain alien. "

" Cool! So what does it do? " Shazam asks curiously, " Let's test it to find out. " Ben says as he points to some rubble lying on the side.

Pressing the trigger, a beam of light shoots out the barrel of the device, successfully hitting the rubble. Everything the beam hit, floated into the air and never went back down to the ground.

Staring dumbstruck at the rubble drifting off into space, Ben gently places the device onto the ground and backs away from it slowly " Okayyyy, We're not going to touch that and I should probably dismantle it before it gets into the wrong hands. " Dialing the omnitrix and pressing onto the symbol letting the bright light cover him once more, what's standing in place was a grey alien about the size of Shazam's palm. " Grey matter! " The Galvan exclaims.

" Your so tiny. " The Lightning man says as he picks up grey matter and places him onto the device. " Why'd you rig such a dangerous thing anyways? " He asks as the alien hero begins thinking how to take apart the thing.

" I was in a state of panic and couldn't think straight okay? " Grey matter states as he pulls at random wires and examines them.

" Ooookay. " Shazam awkwardly states as he shuffles back a little and plants his butt on the ground, waiting for the hero to be done.

" And done! " The Galvan exclaims happily before turning back to Ben. " Turns out, I may or may not have accidentally set the device to the weapon mode instead of the fun mode. " He explains as he rubs the back of his head slightly embarrassed.

" How do you- " Shazam wanted to ask but was interrupted when the cops came at last and apprehended the still unconscious men. " Report back to the Watchtower when your done. We've got some things to talk about. " Batman says before hanging up the comms.

" I'm in trouble aren't I. " Ben says defeated while Shazam pats his back in an attempt to comfort him. " Look on the bright side, we won't be having any missions for a while after this! " It did not make Ben feel better.

....

" Let's just get this over with. " Ben mumbles to himself as he stands in front of the door and contemplates his fate. " I've been through worse anyways. " ' Why does that make me feel bad for myself. ' After the fight for his life against a Celestialsapien because he recreated the universe when it got destroyed by the anialarrrrg, ben highly doubts that anything can top that, minus a few things here and there. And that's saying something.