The Injustice League Part 4

" You saw it too? " Superman asks Flash with his eyebrows raised in surprise. " Saw it? The both us teamed up and defeated captain Cold! " Flash says before zooming around looking for the little alien.

" What are you two talking about. " Batman says in more or less demanding tone towards Superman.

" I had some trouble while fighting Lex Luthor, when I thought he caught me off guard, the little alien came zipping around and saved me when I thought I was finished. " Superman says.

" Me too! " Flash pauses running just to say this, before continuing to run around, in a mission to find his new friend.

" Has anyone seen Ben or Shazam? " Wonder woman asks, walking into the cafeteria " I saw them at the zeta tubes before meeting up with Superman, why? " Batman asks.

" I had some trouble with Cheetah when a green electric light came swooping in and helped me out, but before it left, it scribbled some nonsense on Cheetah's face with a marker. " The Amazon princess informs looking around the messy cafeteria.

" Split up into two groups, one will look for Ben, and the other looks for the Brain. " Batman says decisively once he pieces things together.

" I'll look for the Brain. " Wonder woman says before running off, " I'll go with her! " Flash says before running off to catch up with her.

With the two groups decided, Superman and Batman went to where Batman last saw Ben, at the Zeta tubes.

...

" You think they caught on to what he have planned? " Shazam asks bored from all the waiting they were doing. " Phase two just started, Bats should have figured it out by now. " Ben says before letting out a loud yawn.

' Imma take a nap after all this is over. ' He notes mentally sipping on his smoothie. " Where'd you get that smoothie? " Shazam asks finding something new to distract himself with.

" I've got my ways. " Ben says with a smug smirk and proceeds slurps on his smoothie. " When are they going to get here? " Upchuck whines in boredom staring at the entrance while lying on the floor like a starfish.

" Wait, I hear something. " Shazam says at attention, " How long until they reach? " Ben asks sleepily slurping on his smoothie but it was obvious he was won alert. " Ten seconds. " Shazam says resolutely.

" Get into positions. " Ben says finishing his smoothie and perfectly tossing it into the trash can. Running to their positions in under five seconds the three wait patiently for the door to open.

The door opens and two figures enter the room.

Gorilla Grodd and the Brain.

Eyes wide, Upchuck and Shazam look to Ben for what to do. Ben  also wide eyed, the villains are faster than he thought.

Running scenarios through his head, Ben decides to fast forward the plan " Phase 3. " He mouths out to the two before moving into position.

" It's been awfully quiet since the attack commenced. " The Brain notes as he rolls into the room. " Grodd, stand guard by the door. " The villain says to which the gorilla nods to and stands outside to guard the door.

" Now, to reprogramme the heroes zeta tubes to ensure that the heroes down on Earth will never receive back-up, while my army takes over the world! " The mechanical voice says in obvious glee as he rolls up to the control panel situated in the middle of the room.

" Really? That's your whole plan? " A voice suddenly echoes throughout the quiet room making the Brain stop rolling in his tracks. " I thought the plan was good enough for The Brain though, don't you think? " A second voice echoes out from the opposite side of the room, making the villain turn to it.