Chapter 2

Spinel plops you down onto the floor as soon as a pair of pink doors open. 

 You rub your hip and look around.     

The room was full of props like juggling balls, jump ropes, horns and bells, and even a pink swing by the large balcony.   Besides the silliness, the room was sparkling with beautiful banisters along the roof.   The balcony had lots of flowers planted around its borders, and there were also more flowers inside the room that grew along the banisters.     But your favorite part, was a huge sparkly pink curtain that hung on the balcony doorway.   

"Pretty sweet, huh?"   You look at Spinel, smiling,   "Yes, It's so pretty!"   Spinel smiled a signature silly smile and stretched her arms out to pull up a beanbag for you.   Now where that came from was lost to you.     

As you watch her pull up another bean bag and sit down she pulls you down onto yours, then gets a little more of a serious look.     "So, go ahead and tell me."   You cock a brow hoping you could avoid this,   "Tell me what you wanted to know about me."     You sit there in awkward silence, not knowing how to start,     "Um.. okay... I'll just tell you something about me!"     Spinel crosses her legs and scoots closer to you,     "I really  like popcorn."   You resist giggling,     "Really? I thought you didn't eat?"   Spinel shrugs tapping her fingers on her cheek,   "I used to not eat, but after meeting Steven, he gave me a bag of something when he came to see me for the first time. He told me to eat it, so I did! And I really  liked it!"     Spinels eyes lit up and she hugged her shoulders,   "Well, then I'll be sure to bring you some next time I visit." Spinel stops what she's doing and stares at you with a surprised expression,   "You...you'll come again? You'll come see me again?"     You nod slowly, a little confused.     "S-So does that mean we're friends?"     You stay silent for a moment, then nodded.    Spinels eyes light up again, her pigtails perking and she leaps up,    "YAY! WE'RE FRIENDS!"    You chuckle at her enthusiasm and she tackles you in a sudden hug.   You reel back in surprise, but eventually hug back.   She was warm and smelled like cupcakes and roses, but the moment didn't last long.   Spinel pulled away and looked at you expectantly,   "Now that you know something about me...tell me something about you."   ..Spinel gives you a calm, reassuring look that eases your nerves.   "Ok...well I love to read and write, sometimes draw too."     Spinel smiles,   "Cool. I do one of those things too. I draw on screens when the Diamonds let me."   She looked so at peace when she mentioned the Diamonds, they really made her feel loved.     "So, what do you wanna talk about now?"     You shrug, thinking.    "Oh, um how about things that can upset us, so that we'll know not to bring those things up unless it's necessary?"    Spinel is taken aback a little and she has an unsure frown on her face,    "O-Or not! We could talk about something else!"   Spinel gives a nervous smile,    "No, its okay.. Let's talk."

You start, telling Spinel all of you big pet-peeves and things that made you sad.    Spinel just sat there and listened as you vented, only nodding here and there.    "I see..."   -   "What about you Spinel?"

She stays silent for a second then replies,

"Being alone."

It made sense, she was abandoned in a garden for thousands of years.    Left to stand and wait in the place that was meant to bring joy, she was left alone.    She changed every night more and more, because everything changes in little ways, when everything stays.    Like the gardens flowers and grass, she became a mess and was withering, but she still waited for her best friend to return.

Thinking about her story gave you a sense of dread, imagining how it must have felt to be so loyal that you wait so long, only to find out you were abandoned and your "friend" wasn't even alive anymore.

Spinel messes with her pink gloves as she tries to stay positive.

"That's really the only thing I don't like."

This poor gem, has she been putting on a happy facade this whole time?

You place a hand on Spinels shoulder,    "Spinel are you going to be okay?"    She fidgets a little, but she cracks a small smile,    "As long as I have someone to be my friend,  I'll be okay."     Her pigtails perk up a little as her sadness faded.    "So Y/n do you like playing cards?"    -    "Um, they're alright. I'm just not good at playing."    Spinel gives a musing look,   "That's not true, you can get good at it, you just need practice!" 

Just as Spinel reaches in to her gem and pulled out a box of cards, the door opened.   Blue pearl stood in it,   "Uh, My- I mean, Y/n. Steven Universe is here to retrieve you."   You and Spinel whine like children as you get up and put on your coat.    "Well, It was nice talking to you Spinel."    Spinel looked a little sad to see you go,    "Promise you'll be back.."    It was less of a request and more of a plead.    You look out to Steven who was waiting at the warp pad.    Should you ask him to bring you again, or should you not cause any more trouble for him?

"Um..."

Then you had an idea.

Hope you enjoyed!

xoxo

- Mr. Clark Is Jerry?