Chapter 5

Spinel warped you home and you quickly ran into Stevens bathroom.   

Once you were done with your important business, you opened the door and saw Spinel talking with Steven, who looked unsure,   "Oh, Y/n! There you are!"   Steven tells Spinel to wait there and he pulled you outside.

"Y/n you can't be serious!?"   -   "Serious about what?"   Steven drags his hands down his face,   "You can't stay on homeworld with Spinel, there's no way for a human to survive there!"   You look to the floor,   "I know, and I kinda want to be here, but I don't want to break her heart."   Steven rubs the bridge of his nose,   "Ok, ok...let's get this cleared up. You need to tell Spinel you can't live on homeworld."   A certain despair filled your heart,   "Wouldn't that break her...?"   Steven sighed and looked away not sure what to do,   "You.. you can't stay now. Maybe in the future you can live there, but right now...there's no way."   You felt like arguing, but he was right, this would be a complicated living situation that seemed like a lifestyle that wasn't sustainable.   You slowly nodded and Steven led you back in.

---

"Spinel, I'm sorry, but Y/n cant stay with you."   Steven held your shoulder,   "It's just not ideal for a human."

All at once Spinels world looks like its shattered into pieces.

You just look down, unable to look her in the eye.   

"Spinel I know you care about her, but she needs certain things to live. Things that homeworld doesn't have."   Spinel starts to hyperventilate, her eyes leaking tears.

"Spinel!?"   You run to her, her face looked morphed with an anger and despair you had never seen before,

"You promised..."

Was all Spinel said before she ran out of the house and into town, the sound of her sobs trailing behind her.

"Spinel!"   

You and Steven run outside, but she's nowhere to be seen.   You watch Steven start to panic a little, knowing that she could end up anywhere.   "Ok...it's okay, we- we're gonna find her, we just need a plan, I'll get the gems and-- Y/n!?"   You had stormed off in the direction Spinel had ran, there was no time to plan.   You had to act now.

The roads were dusted with falling leaves that were many shades of red from the fall weather.   You passed your house and then your friends house, but you didn't stop.   You needed to find that gem.   A part of you knew if you decided to stay on earth and leave her, she'd lash out.   But everything Steven said was right, the possibility of a human living on Homeworld would be difficult.   The only logical way to survive would be to warp back and forth if you needed food, water or the bathroom.   It just didn't seem fair for Steven to worry about times you'd need to warp into his home.   There had to be a way to fix this, some middle ground.   But in order to find it, you needed Spinel.

---