Chapter 26- If We're Together

When Steven came back he had 2 mugs. They were steamy and smelled good.

Spinel sat up and her ponytails perked up in curiosity.

Steven set his mug on his bedside table, and handed the other to Spinel.

She looked down at the chocolaty liquid, and the small white marshmallows that floated on the surface.

"Hey Stevooo?"

Steven hummed in response as if to say 'what is it?', as he got into bed beside Spinel.

The pink gem continued,    "What are those white things in it?"

Steven took a quick sip of his hot chocolate and replied,    "Those are marshmallows. They're sweet and gooey."

Spinel made a small sound of disgust, but Steven waved a finger in front of her,    "Don't knock it till you try it."

Spinel nervously grumbled, and she reluctantly took a sip-- her nervousness and disgust instantly turned to delight. It was good.

Spinel smiled and tapped her fingers on the side of the mug.    "Soooo... Do you think Y/n will stay with me for the rest of her life?"

Steven smiled,    "I think there's a high chance, she seems pretty attached to you."

Spinel chuckles and looks up at the ceiling,    "I wouldn't have it any other way."

Spinel's face then fell a little.

 "I'm really gonna miss her."

Steven immediately stops drinking his hot chocolate, as he feels a pang of sympathy for the gem, so he sets his mug aside and gives her a hug.

"I know it's hard to think about the future, especially when you know there's something you can't avoid.. But look on the bright side! She's in her prime! You still have plenty of time with her!"

Spinel sighs and pats the boys head,    "Thanks Steven, you really are a great friend."

---

-Near the edge of the woods-

Jasper was still running full-force, she was getting nervous the closer she came to Stevens home, but she did her best to shake it off as she ran past humans that were still out on the streets (like Onion). Because of the clean streets and streetlights, Jasper was able to make it to the beach leading to Stevens house with almost no issue.

As she ran through the sand there was a small moment where she pondered if she was doing the right thing. She just didn't want something to go wrong.