Chapter 11

Here's a BIGGIN

It's Thursday.

2 days till the party.

Spinel has been her silly self as usual, meanwhile you and the others have started working on renting supplies and organizing while still trying to keep the whole thing a secret. Spinel was sitting on the floor drawing while you texted Pearl any final details on the party.   "Hey dolly-"   You gasp when Spinel suddenly appears beside you. You casually set your phone aside,   "Yes Spinel?"   You nervously grinned at her, Spinel grabbed your hand,   "Can we go on a walk?"   You look out the window, it was a good day for a walk you suppose.   "Sure, I don't see why not."   Spinel smiles brightly and pulls you up,   "Alrighty, we shall go m'lady."   You chuckle as he bows at you and she leads you out. She was shorter and slightly more childish than you, yet she was usually the one to take charge and be the boss. She didn't seem to care if she was smaller than someone or made to be a playmate, because a part of her knew she could beat anyone if she had to. It gave you a sense of confidence any time you were with her.

Your feet land on asphalt and you let Spinel lead the way down the neighborhood. The fall leaves still sprinkled along the sidewalks, despite the previous blizzard. 

Spinel had an arm around your waist as she looked around every few seconds as if she were a ruby guard. You looked to the distant hill, than to little Homeworld.

You really enjoyed having all these gems around knowing that they were free and weren't being controlled anymore. It helped you feel like you belong and it was okay to love Spinel. You felt content with the knowledge that loving a gem wasn't wrong anymore and no one would get in trouble for it. It didn't matter if the two of you were from different planets, it only mattered that the two of you were in love.

Suddenly, Spinel gasped and picked you up. Before you could question her she started running excitedly. 

After lots of wind messed up your hair and the blurred sights of a few buildings passing you by, Spinel jolted to a stop, causing you to almost lose your balance. You put a hand to your head and groaned lightly trying to rid of your slight dizziness.   "Look doll!"   You shake your head and look over until your eyes land on Lars and his friends. Humans and gems alike. They were all cleaning off band equipment. You perk up,   "Lars, the Off-Colors, Sadie, and Shep!"   That's right... Steven told you that Sadie had a new partner.

Spinel puts you back down,   "What are they doing?"   You shrug,   "Cleaning instruments I guess."   Spinel starts walking towards them, dragging you along. Sadie notices as you approach,   "Oh, Hi Y/n!"   You wave, then Sadie notices your lover beside you.   "And...Spinelllll...?"   You nod,   "Yup, this is my little ball of fun."   You hear Shep 'aw' lightly making you smile bashfully. Spinel shyly chuckles and lightly elbows your forearm. Lars looks up and waves. You wave back and Fluorite walks a little closer to you and Spinel,   "Spinel and Y/n?"  You smile and pull Spinel closer.   "Yup, it's us."   Fluorite smiles,   "I've heard much about you two."   Spinel laughs nervously,   "Nothing bad though, right?"   Padparadscha suddenly lights up,   "Oh, I see Spinel and her human lover coming to converse with us!"   Lars pats her head with a smile,   "Right again Padparadscha."   You giggle and put an arm around Spinels little shoulders. "So what are y'all' doing?"