Chapter 12- Friday pt. 1

Its Friday

1 day until the party.

You awake to a loud bang, followed by the sound of an angry Spinel. 

You lazily sit up and shake off your tiredness. You quickly get up and stumble downstairs. When you turn the corner into the living room, there's smoke. 

You see two shadows in the kitchen,   

"Why did you do that!?"   

You wave smoke away from your face and begin walking towards the culprits, 

"YOU TOLD ME TO LEAVE IT ALONE." - 

"Don't yell! Dolly's still sleeping and.." 

You step into the kitchen. Spinel and Jasper give you surprised looks,    "Oh, Dolly! Um.. Nothing's wrong! You can go back to bed!"    You peek behind Spinel and Jasper. A pan with what you're guessing is a failed pancake sits burnt to a crisp as the stoves flames burn at full power. You sigh and-  

SCREECH!

You groan at the sound of the devil itself. You grab a dish towel; pulling a chair under the smoke alarm. You stand on the chair and cover the alarm with the towel; the sounds of its screeching ending. You step down and groggily walk to a window. After opening it and beginning to fan the smoke out, you walk to the stove and shut off the flames. 

Jasper leaned on the counter and angrily batted smoke away from her face. You picked up the pan and assessed the damage. Nothing serious, you just had to remove the burned batter and scrub the pan with full force until most of the char was gone. You now had the chance to question these two. 

You sigh and turn to face the two, Jasper was still against the counter, but Spinel stood in front of you with a nervous expression,    "So, what happened?"    Spinel swallows and rubs her arm,    "Um, well.. Ya see-"     -    "The gremlin wanted to 'cook' for you "    Jasper answered in a nonchalant manner. Spinel snears at Jasper,   

"Yeah and you wouldn't leave me be, so I had to let you make one-

...

-ANd yoU BUrNed iT!"

 Jasper scoffs and stands straighter,    "You didn't give any instructions prior!"    

You groan and stand between the two.    "Alright! Chill you two."    Jasper rolls her eyes and walks out of the room, a few seconds later you heard the sound of the TV turn on. 

Spinel angrily stares at the doorway, but she forced a smile when she turned to you. You sigh and give her a fond smile. Spinel then walks to the counter and hands you a plate of pancakes. You hadn't even noticed they were there.. maybe because of the smoke earlier. You laugh and pull Spinel into an affectionate kiss. When you pull back Spinel has a bashful expression,    "Aw, dolly.. Ya didn't need to do that. A thank you is all this is worth."    You give a 100 Watt smile,   "No. This deserves true appreciation."