Chapter 7

The curtains swung open, a small breeze fluttering past your face.   "Spinel."   Yellow and Blue stand behind White with crooked smiles.   White put her hands together and took a deep breath,   "Spinel, we've decided to allow you to stay with Y/n for as long as you'd like." 

Yellow then stepped forward,   "Yes, as long as it makes you happy."   Blue then perks up,   "And feel free to visit anytime you'd like."   Spinel had the happiest smile you'd ever seen, she sniffed a little and nodded,   "Yeah, I'll be sure to do that."

The gems cheer, and Steven hugs you and Spinel from behind. This time Spinel hugged back.

When you all warped back to Earth, Spinel was ecstatic, never letting go of your hand as she jumped around.

When you looked out the window, it was already sunset.   "We should get going, Spinel."   Steven and the gems look at you with giddy smiles.   Amethyst then throws an arm around Spinels shoulders,   "Yeah, you should be get'en home~"   She wiggled her brows at Spinel.

Spinel didn't seem to understand, but she agreed anyway.   The gems gave their goodbyes and ushered you both out of the house, smiling like happy children all the while.

As you and Spinel made your way down the stairs, you looked out to the red, orange and pink horizon,   "Look Spinel!"   She glanced over your shoulder and gasped,   "Woah! How pretty!"   Spinel ran past you towards the shoreline.   "Haha, Spinel wait for me!"   You clumsily run down the remaining stairs and shuffle through the sand.   Spinel was just standing there, watching the sunset.   "Remarkable, huh?"   Spinel just gave a half nod and continued to stare.   You laugh again,    "I'm guessing you've never really  seen a sunset before?"   Spinel shakes her head, she was really infatuated wasn't she?  It made sense, last time she was here, there were dark clouds blocking everything until the moment she left.

  You glance towards town and see the streetlights beginning to turn on, "Well, we should get home Spinel."   You started to walk away, but Spinel stopped you,   "Just a little longer?"   You sigh and look up at Stevens house, Steven gave a dramatic thumbs-up from the front window.   

You grin,   "Alright."   You sit down on the sand and pull your pink friend down with you. 

The sunset was getting smaller as the seconds went by, but it was still beautiful.   You smile and rest your head on Spinels shoulder, feeling heat rush to your cheeks.   Spinel didn't seem to mind though, because she just rested her head on yours.

You wanted to hold onto this moment, make it last forever.   You knew that wasn't possible though.

But even if you couldn't make it last forever, you could remember it forever.

---

You kicked off your sand-coated shoes and flopped onto the couch, Spinel just observed her surroundings.   "Welp, welcome home."   Spinel smiles at you with excitement and walks to your side and just stood there.   You were a little confused, but it was short lived when Spinel jumped on top of you.   You huff, but laugh at her child-like behavior.   "What game ya' wanna play?"   -   "Not now Spinel, it's time to sleep."   Spinel pouts and snuggles into your chest, making you blush.   "Why?"    -    "Because we've had a long day."   Spinel puffs her cheeks, but eventually gives up and rolls her eyes,   "I guess you're right."