Chapter 8

You opened your eyes and sat up.   What was that? 

"Did that mean something...?"   

You look around, then look down to your side, Spinel was still asleep.   You smile sweetly at the sight of her.   She was so cute.   You lean over and kiss her cheek before getting out of bed and heading downstairs. 

You enter the bathroom and look in the mirror.   As usual your hair was disgusting.   You take a brush and force out the tangles.   When you're satisfied with your almost-decent looking hair, you brush your teeth and use the restroom. 

You wash your hands and open the bathroom door.   Pink and orange light filled the cool room as dawn rolled in.   You sigh and decide to make breakfast.   You open the cupboards and pull out bread, pancake mix and a bag of popcorn as a surprise for Spinel.   

You get to cooking, but as your mid-way through flipping your second pancake you hear thumping and the sound of Spinel calling your name.   You turn around, but before you could even process what's happening, Spinel barrels down the stairs with a look of panic,   "Y/N!?"   You step forward with a small wave and her eyes land on you, she looks around and her face instantly relaxes when she sees you.   "There you are!"   Spinel runs to you and wraps her elastic arms around your waist in a tight bear hug,   "I thought you left me for a second!"   You chuckle a hint of sympathy for the gem, knowing her fear of being forgotten.   "Spinel, I wouldn't leave you."  

 You stroke her hair and cheek, Spinel places a hand over yours as you caress her soft skin.   She looked so content, but you had to pull away.  You turn and flip a pancake.   "What's that?"   You perk up at Spinels question,   "Oh, it's a pancake! It's food, like popcorn."   Spinel gasps,   "So I can eat them?"   -   "Sure."   You take a fork, slice off a piece and hold it to Spinels mouth,   "Here, try it."   Spinel sniffs it before biting the pancake off the fork.   You watched her chew and swallow, she didn't look disgusted.   "That was good, I still like popcorn better though.."   You smile and stroke her hair before turning back to your work.

---

When you were finished making pancakes and toast (Spinel liked the toast a lot) you unwrapped the bag of popcorn and put it in the microwave.   You stood and watched the bag spin.   Spinel peaked through the glass,   "What are you makin' now?"   You smile,   "That's a surprise. Go take a seat, I'll be right there."   Spinel gives you a weary look as she walks into the dining room.   You continue to wait as the sound of popping flows through the room.   When the popcorn finishes you pour it into a bowl and walk to the doorway,   "Ok, close your eyes!"   You hear Spinel make a sound of confusion,   "Are they closed!?"   -   "Yes!"    You smirk and round the corner into the dining room.   You walk to Spinels side and set the popcorn down for her.   "Alright, you can open em'!"   Spinel slowly removes her hands and opens her eyes, when she sees the popcorn she gasps.   "No way! Oh thank you, Y/n!"   She hugs your waist and pops a few pieces in her mouth before humming with delight.   You pull a seat beside her and begin to eat your food.   As you ate, Spinel held your hand.   It was nice.. almost like two lovers on a date. 

---

When you and Spinel finished eating, you washed dishes and decided to do some laundry.   You walk upstairs with Spinel close behind and gather dirty cloths in a basket.   Spinel watches with a confused look, but doesn't interrupt.   You carry all the baskets out to your car and put them inside.   "Come on Spinel. We're doing laundry."   You open the passenger side door for her.   She shuffles inside and sits in the seat.   You reach around her and grab her seat belt to strap her in.