Chapter 10

-Weeks Later-

Spinel lay beside you, the cool air from outside making your bedroom curtains sway with every small incline of wind. 

The smell of incoming rain began to take over the sweet smell of your room. Spinel wrapped her arms tightly around you. She was so quiet, sometimes you'd think she was sleeping, but a quick glance to her face would confirm otherwise. She looked in a daze- but she wasn't sad or angry. She just seemed... content. You gently stroke her hair and look back to your phone. Spinel seemed so at peace. You couldn't help but let the butterflies caged in your heart to flutter in your chest. She was adorable. 

You set your phone aside and snuggled down beside her. She looked at you with wondrous magenta eyes. You smile and peck her soft lips. She smiles and holds you close to her chest; her arms gently-but firmly holding your frame. She was warm and it was a good balance for the breeze that flowed through the window every minute or so. You nuzzle the crook of her neck and hug her back.

No words were spoken between the two of you. But then again there was no need for them anyways. 

But even so, Spinel broke the silence,   "Hey, dolly?"   You hum in reply and she chuckles lightly,   "Look at me, why don't cha'?"   You smile brightly and look up at your gem-girlfriend. She had a warm and almost hungry look,   "Give me a kiss, dollface."   you feel your face heat up, but you don't refuse. You lean in and gently kiss her- Spinel then proceeds to kiss back in a rough desperate way, like she needed your kiss to stay alive. You snort and feel her smile as the kiss went on. 

When you finally pull away you look at the time. Almost 7 pm. A Saturday evening. It was the mark of Spinel's official third week of living on Earth. You gasp and jostle Spinel in your arms. She makes a sound of surprise.   "Spinel!"   You stop shaking her and she quickly sits up, snapping out of her daze,   "What!? Is there something scaring you!?"   You shake your head and point at the clock.   "Look, it's 7!"   Spinel just sits there with a confused look,   "Okaaay?"   You stand up and point at the calendar.   "This marks three weeks you've been here and two weeks since our first date!"   Spinel sits up straighter and scoots forward; analyzing the calendar.   "You're right.."   She seemed surprised. 

To Spinel that time had went by so quick, something she was used to, likely because a few days and weeks wasn't anything to a gem that had been alive for thousands of years. 

She felt a little guilt creep into her conscience, she felt like she wasn't treasuring every second with you like she should. This thought caused her to remember that she only had so long with you, and after that she'd only have the Gems and Diamonds.

  "Spinel?"   

She was snapped out of her loathed thoughts at the sound of your soft voice,   "Oh- Yeah! This is great! So what does that mean?"   You tap your chin, you could celebrate.. But maybe waiting a week would be a good idea, in a week it will be her one month anniversary of living here.   

"Well we could celebrate, but we should wait a while."   Spinel pouts,   "Why, dolly?"   You smile and pat her head,   "Because In a few days, your one month anniversary will be here. I'm thinking we can celebrate on a super special day like that!"   Spinel hums in thought before shrugging,   "Anything you want, dolly."   She stands up; stretching her legs out to seem taller- and pulls you into her arms,