Chapter 4

You and Spinel had stayed up for what seemed like forever. You looked at your phone and saw that it was almost 1am on earth. You silently panicked knowing the others would question why you were gone for so long.

 At this point you could tell a strong bond was already forming between you and Spinel the more you talked with her, even if you didn't want to play that many games, Spinel was just happy to be with you and she didn't even look tired. However, you were getting pretty sleepy as time went on. When your phone read 1:30am you were very tired and wanted to head home.

 "Hey Spinel?"    Spinel looks up from her upside-down position on her swing as she messed with a bell,    "Yes, y/n?"    You stand up and grab your jacket that was resting beside Spinel,    "I think I should head out. I'll be back." 

As you slip your jacket onto your shoulders, you feel a hand grip tightly onto your wrist. You look back, surprised,    "Spinel...?"    As you look into her averted eyes you see a glint of... fear? anger? either way you felt uneasy,    "Um..Spinel, I-I have to go."    You attempt you pull your arm back, but her grip gets tighter.

"No." 

You're confused,    "Spinel?"    Her hand shakes as she gripped your arm.

"Don't leave me.. what if you don't come back...?"

"Spinel, I wi-"

"I don't want you to leave me!"

You watch as tears spill down Spinels face.

"You're different Y/n...you're human....."

"You can't live forever like them..."

You're confused for a moment, as she continues,

"If you go, you may never come back... You humans are fragile things."

She tightens her grip a little more,

"I don't want to find out you won't ever come back."

"But, Spinel what about Steven? He's human-"

"HE'S STRONGER THAN ANY HUMAN ALIVE!... He can't die as easily as you.."

Spinel Looks into your eyes with a pleading look, not loosening her grip in the slightest,

"Please, stay here with me. You'll be safe here, protected and happy. I'll always be by your side, making sure your safe."

You feel.. a little afraid, not wanting to break Spinels heart.    "O-Okay.."    Your voice cracked a little.

Spinel lunges forward and hugs you tightly thanking you over and over. Saying that she just wanted to be with you for as long as she could, while you were alive and well..