Chapter 25- Patching things up

Spinel crawled onto the foot of Stevens bed and continued to mindlessly watch TV.

As she felt her mind go fuzzy, Steven opened the door; which brought her back to reality.

"Do you want some dinner?"

Spinel sat up and rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes,    "Sure Buckeroo."

---

Downstairs, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were in the kitchen. Spinel noticed how Pearl was the only one actually cooking, while Amethyst rummaged through the fridge and Garnet just sat at the table motionless.

As Spinel and Steven descended the final three stairs Garnet instantly waved the two over.

Steven took a seat beside her, and Spinel sat beside Steven.

The two couldn't tell what was going through her head. When Garnet finally spoke it lifted the nervous tension.

"You two look dapper."

Both Steven and Spinel looked down and looked over their bodies. Spinel lifted her head and messed with one of her ponytails,    "Uh, thanks..?"

Garnet nodded and looked at an invisible watch on her wrist,    "Well, it's time I do the thing."

She stood up and walked up to Spinel and stood over her in silence for a small moment. As Spinel was about to ask what was wrong, Garnet grabbed Spinel and dashed out of the house.

---

The further the fusion ran, Spinel started flailing and yelling,    "WHAT ARE YA' DOIN'!? ARE YOU KIDNAPPING ME!?"

"Yes."

Spinel's eyes widened and she tried to squirm out of the fusion's grasp. She was pretty freaked out and was about to start swinging- that is until she was suddenly put down.

Spinel's eyes widened in confusion as she watched the tall fusion walk to a distant spot in the sand and sit down. It turns out, Garnet only went to a spot on the beach, that wasn't even that far from Steven's house. But why?

---

Spinel watched Garnet as she gazed out at the horizon. The waves gently licked at the sand that had become cool and seemingly softer.

Noticing the small gems' confusion, Garnet patted the spot beside her. Spinel slowly made her way beside her, and sat down.

"This is the spot you and Y/n met."

Spinel nods, and Garnet smirks a little.