-Chapter 9-

-1 week later-

You and Spinel had finished lunch about an hour ago.  now the two of you were on the couch watching TV in a comfortable silence. Spinel was curled in your lap the whole time as if she were a cat. She occasionally squeezed your waist in a tight hug, but she hadn't spoken. You would whisper sweet things to her when she looked up at you, causing her to grumble and flush a deep pink. 

You hadn't considered when to ask Spinel on a date yet, even though you wanted to go on one so much. But when you two were together like this, it seemed like the right time to ask her.

"Hey Spinel, can I ask you something?"   She sits up, a 'brow' raised.   "Yeah?"   You take a deep breath and look her in the eyes. You placed your hands on her cheeks and smile brightly, "Spinel, will you go out with me?"

 Spinel raises her brows,   "Oh! If you want to go outside you don't have to ask me." 

You smack a hand to your face,   "No, Spinel I mean a date."   She still didn't seem to understand. You staple your hands together into your lap.   "Ok, remember our talk about 'being in love' and 'romantic partners'?"   Spinel nods slowly,   "Well, "going out"   on a date is something lovers do together to express their love."   Spinel suddenly flushes red with understanding,   "So...you want to be my lover?"   You blush brightly and quickly pull Spinel into a hug,   "Yes. I wouldn't pass up being with you for the world."   Spinel stays silent for a moment, but she soon chuckles and wraps her arms around your frame. 

The longer you hug Spinel you soon realize she was crying.   "Spinel? What's wrong?"   She sniffs again and  roughly kisses your cheek,   "I love you Y/n."   Your cheeks burn as you smile and hug Spinel even tighter, occasionally kissing her head. She was exactly who you needed.

---

It was time to head out and you were all dressed up, ready to go.   "Spinel?"   You hear clumsy thumping as Spinel runs downstairs.   "I'm here- I'm here!"   You laugh. She had tried to put on a black button-up, but she didn't exactly button it right.   "Here, let me see."   You kneel to her chest-level and properly button up the shirt.   "There you go. Now we should be heading out."   Spinel nods and wraps an arm protectively around your waist as the two of you head out to the car. You offered to buckle Spinel in, but she insisted she could do it herself. When you saw she managed to do it right, you were proud. 

You and Spinel decided to eat out and then drive to the beach for your date, something romantic.

---

After a short- but quaint- dinner you and Spinel drove to the beach for some alone time.

"So why are we her again?"

You smile at Spinel as you set a blanket on the sand.

"I told you, we're here to spend time together."

Spinel smiles bashfully and looks to the side. You grin and pull her down onto the blanket. She grumbles and fixes her ponytails then looks up at you with a small smile. The two of you share a moment of staring, but you break it then you see a hint of orange begin to cover the warm sand. You shake Spinel,   "Spinel, look!"   You gasp and she inches forward. 

The sunset was beautiful, just like the one you had seen on Spinels first night of living on Earth.

When you finally glance at Spinel, you see she wasn't even looking at the sunset anymore, but instead she was staring at you with sparkling and half-lidded eyes, she was fixated on you

"Spinel?"

Spinel placed a hand on each of your cheeks, you saw tears well in her eyes as they sparkled more and more. The two of you looked so deeply into each-others eyes. 

"Y/n.."

Her eyes were so deep and mesmerizing. She slowly pulled you forward- so close you could feel her soft breaths against your lips.

And before you knew it her lips were pressed against your own. 

The soft connection causing butterflies to flutter in your stomach. You feel a warm pulse surround you as the kiss goes on until Spinel finally breaks away.

"W-Wow...um I'm sorry.."

You pull Spinel in again and give her a soft kiss.

"Its okay. I liked it."

She blushes, then beams. 

She stands up; pulling you with her.   

"Wanna swim?"  

 You snort and agree. You stripped off your clothes, leaving you in your bra and panties. You walk to Spinels side,   "Alright!"   You start running to the water,   "C'mon Spinel!"   You glance back and see Spinel grinning, getting ready to run. You land in the water and look out- but Spinel splashes water in your face just as you do. You cough and splash Spinel back,   "Ch--Cheater!"   Spinel wipes some water off her face and laughs.

The two of you splash water at each-other and share many kisses.

 This was everything you ever wanted.

Congrats,

 you finally got your kiss.