Chapter 36

One Day Later...

Felicity walks in the Cortex.

"Oh good you're here!" Barry says. "You ready for your next day of training?"

Felicity smiles, "Yup!"

"Okay get your suit on and meet me in the training room."

Felicity squeals a bit, before she can run and get her suit on she's stopped by Ralph. "Hey can I come and watch you train?"

"Of course. I'll meet ya there." Felicity smiles then speeds to get her suit on and runs to meet Barry.

She speeds into the room, "I'm here!" She spots Ralph standing beside Barry. "How did you get here so fast?" She asks with confusion. He holds up the breach button. She laughs, "Oh. You cheater." She slaps him playfully on the shoulder, he chuckles evilly.

"Okay! Let's get this party going shall we?" Barry says walking between them.

"Yup!" Felicity smiles looking at Barry now.

Barry puts his hands behind his back holding a stress ball."Now what will do today is work on your reflexes." He throws the ball at Felicity. It hits Felicity's head softly and it hopelessly drops on the ground without a bounce. Felicity blinks a couple times not seeing that coming.

Barry face is unimpressed as he slowly blinks, knowing she wasn't going to be paying attention. "Like I was saying.. we need to work on your reflexes. And that was not a reflex in anyway."

"Well I wasn't ready.."

"Well you won't be ready if a fire ball from a meda-human is coming right at you, or if a bullet is coming straight for the back of your neck. You have to feel the tingle of something happening, you always have to be cautious when you're in your suit."

"Okay...."

"Now! I have drought in a soft ball thrower in to train you." He puts her in front of the machine. "Now you will have no idea when those things are coming out of there so you have to be ready for the unexpected." He gives her a basketball glove.

"Uh okay." She puts it on her left hand.

He get the machine ready, "Now I want you to dodge and catch as many as you can."

"She's not getting any padding or anything?" Ralph asks

Barry looks at him.... "Nope." He flicks the switch and the machine starts up. "Now be ready for anything."

The machine spits one out and it hits her in the arm, "OW!"

"Be ready."

The machine spits another ball and she quickly dodges it.

"HA! You can't hit me!" She says to the machine. The machine, once again spits another ball and she quickly dodges it. "Haha! You're no match-OW!" Barry has thrown one of the soft balls at Felicity's arm. "Hey.."

"Told you have to be ready for anything.." Barry says shrugging his shoulders innocently with a slight smile.

She narrows her eyes. " *Thump!*"