Chapter 46

I hope y'all are havin' a nice extra long March break!

They get on the beach and Felicity sets a towel on the sand.

There is a good amount of people on the beach to not be crowded.

She breathes in deeply and exhales, "Their is nothing better then going to the beach on a sunny day." She sits on the sand.

"Why did you put your towel down if you were going to just sit on the sand?" Peter asks

"Oh I don't know. I just like the sand.."

"On your butt, in your hair, and places you don't want sand in...so uncomfortable.." Peter says and he sits on the towel.

"I kinda can't lay on my back or belly to tan...that sucks." Felicity says throwing her head back, letting the sun shine on her face.

Ralph snaps a picture of her on his phone, the sound of the camera goes off catching her attention.

"Hey!" She laughs

"Smiiiilee!" She looks at the camera and smiles putting her hand in her hair.

The sound of the camera goes off.

"Beautiful." Ralph says while looking at the picture. He puts his phone down and smiles at her.

"Rahh...Well I'm going to go in the water...anyone want to come with?" Peter asks getting up and taking his shirt off.

"Uh sure. I'll join you in a second I'm gonna get changed."

"Alright!" He takes off down the beach and hits the water. "Oh it's so great!" He shouts floating on his back and closing his eyes.

A wave crashes onto Peter making him go under. He resurfaces, coughing.

Felicity giggles putting her hand up to her mouth trying to hide the fact that she's laughing.

~~~

Felicity comes back from changing, "You comin in?" She asks,

"Maybe...I didn't really bring my swim suit.."

"Oh I can go ge-"

"No don't use your speed..It's fine." Ralph says

"Okay." She smiles and walks down to the water where Peter sits on the shoreline sand looks out to the water.

"Felicity!" Peter smiles looking over at her. He gets up, "Wanna head in the water?" He asks

"You bet!" She runs in the water, she sloshes through it and Peter follows close behind. She falls over plunging into the water. She resurfaces and starts laughing at her clumsiness.

"I always wanted to try surfing.." Peter says only waist deep in the water.

Felicity is farther away from him as she's shoulder deep, almost on her tiptoes now. "Me too. Never got to it...Hey how long are you here for anyways?" The wind picks up and he moves closer to hear her.

"Oh yeah, did I not tell you?"

"Nope."

"Oh well if it's alright with you I was hoping to stay for a week.." Peter says

"It's more then okay with me!" She says excitingly, Peter smiles.

"So maybe we could try surfing one of the days I'm here." Peter asks, who is in shoulder deep now.

"Yeah definitely!"

"Hey want to go on the rocks?" Peter asks

"Sure." They slowly make there way to the rocks.

~

They go on the smooth rocks only inches of water lay on top making the sea water feel warm on their feet.

"So..anyone catch your eye yet?" Felicity asks

"Uh..well theirs this one girl...her name is MJ...we're just friends for now.."

"For now eh?" She smirks, He blushes and turns away.

Peter loses his footing off the edge of a rock and falls off the 8 foot edge. "PETER!" Felicity yells she try's to catch him but will slip on the rocks if she tried to run, not being much of a help. He plunges into the light waves, the water breaking his fall but the rocks 9 feet beneath want to help too.

Lucky the water was deep enough, but he's not out of danger yet. The wind picks up making the waves crash against the rocks even harder.

Peter is trapped underwater as the waves swirl him around.

Felicity looks around for a lifeguard she spots one but he's too far, "HELP!" She crys, "HELP! MY FRIEND IS IN DANGER HELP!" She waves her arms frantically. The lifeguard perks up and quickly looks through his binoculars to see what situation he has to deal with. He radioing in that he'll need backup and that it's a possible Defibrillator needing situation. He drives down the beach,

Peter's head resurfaces, he gasps for air, "Help!" He shouts he can barley see as the salty sea water stings his eyes.

"What do I do? What do I do?!" She looks at Peter then the lifeguard driving down the beach.

The waves have advantage of him as they swallow him making him go under and swirl him around once more. He try's to fight the waves but there to strong.

The waves throw him around like a washing machine he opens his eyes trying to see what's going on and if he can get out of it...but he can't, the waves have him now.

He tumbles around in the wave, he sees a black shape but is quickly turned away as the wave spins him, the black shape makes contact with the back of his head, he hits his head off one of the rocks beneath him.

The world sways back and forth before him...The spinning not noticed anymore, all the air in his lungs leave.. his eyes roll back and his body goes limp.

Felicity looks down at the water, "Where is he? Why has he not resurfaced?! Where is he!"

The lifeguard comes up behind her, "Now mam you have to stay calm. Where did you last see his head resurface?" He asks as he quickly puts on flippers.

"Right there! I last saw him right there!" She points at the spot.

"Okay, head back to shore. I got this."

"I SEE HIM! HE'S BY THE BIG STRANDED ROCK!" She shouts as she points over to a shape that looks to be a shape of a body.

"Okay got it, Mam you need to head back to safety."

"Okay I will. GO!"

He jumps in with a life jacket on, flippers, and a torpedo buoy attached to him.

He hits the water still having full control, he swims as fast as the flippers will take him. He doesn't lose sight of where he is.

~

Felicity speed walks down to the beach where she is meeted by Ralph who is aware of the situation as he has heard her yells.

"Ralph! It's all my fault! Ididn'tusemyspeedtohelphimbecause-"

He pulls her into a hug, "Hey, hey..it's okay, he's going to be fine."

~

He gets to Peter's body and notices no movement as he thought. He grabs onto him and attaches the torpedo buoy to his body clipping it together. He keeps Peter on his back to avoid more water going into his lungs. The lifeguard swims not letting his body go.

He gets to the shore meted by two other following lifeguard member. "Get the Defib.."