Redarding Sulli

-trigger warning: depression  suicide self harm, basically anything mental health related-

Okay, so originally I was planning on talking about this somewhere else, but I feel like no one would read it and even it's just one person reading this, it's important.

So I'm sure you've heard about Sulli's suicide. So my condolences go out to her loved ones and even just her fans.

So we all know SM is shit and this just proves it even further, companies should be concerned about their idols and provide them with options to get help. Korea is a country where mental health is frowned upon, so it's hard to reach out, but if companies could offer therapy and treatment to idols who need it, that would already be a huge help.

But we can't blame it all on the company, like some people do. It was a lot of other people who were hating on her for whatever reason, or maybe she had no one who took her seriously when she wanted to talk about it.

And this is the case for so many other people who suffer from mental illnesses. As someone who suffers from depression, anxiety, a mild form of both PTSD and psychosis and has had and is still having suicidal thoughts and tendencies, I can see why someone would do this.

So often, when I try to tell people how I feel the responses I get are things like "same" or "oof" or "mood". People act like having a mental illness is a trend or a competition about who has it worse, while we should be helping each other out. People (like myself) grasp for unhealthy coping mechanisms (like self harm, disordered eating behaviour, etc...) and it shouldn't be like this, people should be able to feel like they're being heard and helped.

I have had two therapists, have taken medication and even though nothing has really helped, I still am incredibly grateful that I have the opportunity to get the help that I'm getting.

So if anyone on here is struggling with any mental problem or is in a rough mental state, don't hesitate to come to me, you don't have to be sociable, even if you're the most awkward person in the world, I'll listen and give advice to the best of my abilities.

So again, my condolences to Sulli's loved ones, and may she rest in peace.