[11. The Truth]

[1x11; Bloodlines]

[1x11; Bloodlines]

Lucy huffed as she closed the door to Elena's room; it was empty. Her sister was no where to be found. She hadn't seen Elena since the career fair the night before and all of her calls went unanswered.

It drove her nuts; not only was Lucy going to be late to school but she was worried about Elena as well.

"Joel!" she called, hoping that she'd caught her brother before he went back to Whitmore. She knocked on his closed door. "Joel, are you still here?"

The door opened within a second, revealing Joel dressed and ready to go. "What's up, Lulu?"

"Will you drive me to school?" Lucy asked, happy that she would be able to say goodbye to her brother. He still had two weeks before he was off for winter break. "Elena's not here or answering her phone."

Joel immediately nodded. "Sure," he agreed and quickly grabbed his backpack. "I'll drop you off on my way back to school. Where's Elena?"

"Thanks," Lucy said as Joel shut his door and they started walking down the stairs. "And I have no idea."

"Huh," Joel opened the front door, allowing Lucy to head out of the house first. They got into his truck and buckled up. "Did you call Stefan? I think they left the career fair together."

"Oh," Now it made sense that Elena wasn't at home or answering her phone. She was probably busy with Stefan. "Maybe she'll be at school then."

"Yeah," Joel said absentmindedly as he turned onto the court square. "Have you heard from Caroline?"

"No, but Damon said she was knocked out. I'll see how she's doing at school. Hopefully she's okay."

Joel nodded. "And how are you doing?"

Lucy gave him a weird look. "What is this, a check-up?"

"No," Joel rolled his eyes. "When I'm away at school we don't talk much. I just wanted to see how you're doing. How are your lessons with Grams?"

"They're okay," Lucy said honestly. If Joel wanted to check on her, she'd let him. That's what older siblings do. She did the same thing with Jeremy. "I had one the other day and I'm really making progress according to Grams."

"So you're not siphoning accidentally?"

"Once in a while," Lucy admitted sadly. "I've got it mostly under control, though. Other than that, Grams is teaching me some spells. For my birthday, she told me I'm getting my own grimoire of spells she's collected from other witches over the years."

Joel beamed at her, proud of how far his sister had come. It was only months ago that she was siphoning from him and Damon on accident and now she could mostly control it and was even learning spells.

"I'm proud of you, Lu."

Lucy smiled, her eyes stinging. When she found out she was a siphon and read the title of the book Grams gave her, she thought that all she could be was an abomination. It made her so happy and grateful that she had Joel, Grams, Bonnie, Elena, and Stefan to make her feel loved. She had a long way to go and a lot more to learn but she was really hoping that she could use her unnatural powers for something good.