[72. Out of Control]

[4x16; Bring it On]

[4x16; Bring it On]

All of the curtains were drawn in the library, keeping the room dark and safe for Lucy. Without a daylight ring, it was impossible for her to go out during the day and since she couldn't siphon magic anymore and Bonnie was out of sorts, she was stuck in the Boarding House while everyone else had plans.

Today, Stefan would be staying at home with Lucy, helping her adjust to her new life as a vampire, and when the sun set, he was going to teach her to use her new abilities to hunt, defend herself, and use her speed, vision, and hearing to her advantage. Meanwhile, Damon was going to look for Katherine and Caroline and Joel were going to take Elena to school in an attempt to get her humanity back on.

Damon scoffed from his place next to Caroline. "That's the plan?" he asked incredulously, eyes darting between Caroline and Joel. "You're gonna take her back to school?"

"You tried the so-called fun route," Joel spoke, annoyed. "and it didn't exactly work, did it?"

Damon shrugged. "She got a free meal of it."

Lucy shook her head, her mouth starting to water as she remembered the night before when Elena and Damon came home covered in fresh blood. She had to be carried away by Stefan as she started to lose control and when she calmed down, she was able to sip away at a blood bag he retrieved for her. It definitely wasn't the best time for Elena to not have her humanity on; the gang had their hands full with Lucy, who was only days old, and Elena, who was going around and killing people.

Honestly, Lucy didn't even know why she was sitting in on this little meeting. She didn't give a flying fuck what Elena did as long as she stayed far away from Lucy. Her blood boiled every time she even thought of Elena. The doppelganger couldn't go one day without everything being about herself and Lucy was not in the mood to deal with that when she was adjusting to her new life as a vampire, dealing with her bloodlust, and grieving for Kol and Jeremy. She just wanted one day without Elena but that was never going to happen—this was Elena's world and everyone existed to fulfill her needs.

"Look, do you think I want to play Elena's chaperone?" Joel pressed his lips together and gave Damon a defiant glare. "No, but you're not a student, nor do you work at the school, so I guess it's gonna be me and Caroline. Besides, you have to look for Katherine. Elena needs the cure now more than ever."

God, Lucy was sick of hearing about the cure and how much Elena needed it. Elena didn't deserve the cure more than any other vampire in the world. What was it that made her so special? Was it the constant complaining about being a vampire or was it because she couldn't except the fact that she'd never be human again? Elena had been a vampire for months now and she still needed someone to hold her hand.

Lucy must have been holding onto Stefan's hand too tightly in her anger because he pried her fingers from him and wrapped a supporting arm around her shoulders. She started to calm down as his thumb rubbed circles on the back of her neck. She focused on something else, like the fact that her body lit up like a Christmas tree whenever Stefan touched her.