[52. Collateral Damage]

[3x15; All My Children]

Lucy heaved her bag downstairs, cursing herself for packing it so tight with the paintings she intended on showing Klaus. She had told him the night before that she would bring some paintings over and she wasn't going to go back on her word. There was nothing else she had do today, since she had already called Jeremy to inform him of everything going on. Alaric wasn't free, since he was having lunch with Meredith, and Elena and Joel had some mysterious plans going on.

She had finally lugged her bag off the last stair and reached for her keys off the hook when Joel and Elena walked into the room, dressed warmly for the cool weather outside.

"Where are you going?" Joel asked his sister, eyeing the bag in her hands. "What's that?"

"They're the paintings I'm showing Klaus," Lucy informed him, pulling a fluffy hat on her head.

"You're going over there again?" Elena raised a judgmental eyebrow at her. "Did you forget what they did? Rebekah tried to kill me less than twenty-four hours ago."

"I didn't forget, all right?" Lucy glared at her. "and you stabbed Rebekah in the back, Elena. Did you expect a thank-you card?"

Elena gasped indignantly while Joel pressed his lips together. Lucy waved and muttered a goodbye under her breath before leaving the house. The ride to Klaus' mansion wasn't far and parking was far more easier when they didn't have to park in the grass with twenty other cars.

She walked into the mansion without knocking and entered the living room, greeting Kol and Klaus, who were sitting around leisurely.

"Morning, Ana," Kol chirped.

Lucy gave him a sweet smile before turning to Klaus, gently placing the bag down in front of him. Klaus set his sketchbook aside and looked at the bag curiously.

"What's this?"

"Some of my art," Lucy told him, unzipping the bag. She pulled out a painting that she had made after a special memory of their family. Every one of her family was included except for Mikael, who was absent from the memory. It was one of her bests, if she did say so herself.

"This is amazing, love," Klaus gawked at her talent. She had been good years ago but now that she had the time and supplies, she had really added to her skill.

"I want to see!" Kol insisted.

Klaus rolled his eyes and showed the painting to Kol.

"I'm impressed, Ana," Kol smirked at her and then pointed at place where Klaus was painted. "Dear God, look at that hair, Nik!"

Lucy giggled as Klaus scowled at their brother.

"There's more in there," Lucy told Klaus as she sat next to him on the couch. "Feel free to look."