[31. Werewolf Problem]

[2x13; Daddy Issues]

Lucy sleepily shuffled through the Forbes' household, heading to the kitchen for some much-needed breakfast that Caroline had promised to make for her after plying her with frozen margaritas. Needless to say, Lucy's head pounded and she desperately needed some greasy food to hold off her hangover. The smell of bacon coming from the kitchen seemed promising.

When she entered the kitchen, Caroline was at the stove flipping bacon, a cutesy apron covering her torso.

"Good morning!" Caroline exclaimed, sending her best friend a bright smile.

Lucy mentally cursed Caroline for her talent of being unable to have a hangover. She was pretty sure that was the one thing she hated about Caroline. If Lucy had to suffer from an alcohol-soaked brain, so did Caroline.

Unfortunately, life wasn't fair.

"Morning," Lucy sighed, hopping onto one of the stools by the island. Caroline promptly scooted a glass of apple juice over to her. Lucy mumbled her gratitude and took a sip.

"The bacon's almost done and then you can make those gross bacon sandwiches you like so much," Caroline informed her, waving her spatula for emphasis. "And while you eat, we can talk about what you told me last night."

Lucy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion—she had no idea what she told Caroline last night. There was a lot of talking—Caroline had even confessed that Tyler had kissed her—but she didn't remember telling Caroline anything so scandalous that it warranted a next-morning talk.

"Come again?"

The corners of Caroline's mouth quirked as she flipped off the burner and started transferring the bacon onto a plate covered with paper towels. "You know, your crush on Stefan."

Heat flooded Lucy's face and the back of her neck, her embarrassment wanting to choke her. She told Caroline about her feelings for Stefan? She was never going to drink again.

She groaned and buried her face in her hands.

"Oh, calm down," Caroline rolled her eyes at Lucy's dramatics. "You know I would never judge you, Luce."

"Still makes it embarrassing," Lucy's voice was hard to make out through her hands.

"I think it's cute," Caroline admitted. While Lucy hid herself, the blonde took it upon herself to make her a bacon sandwich. She grabbed the mayo from the fridge and smeared a little bit onto a piece of white bread, stacking many pieces of bacon on it, and then smushing the other bread on top of it. Just the way Lucy liked it.

As Caroline pushed the sandwich over to Lucy, she added, "It's totally a friends-to-lovers trope and I happen to love them," she grinned. "I mean, Stefan and Elena are a cute couple, but there's something about you and him that makes me happy."