[57. Be Still]

[3x20; Do Not Go Gentle]

"You haven't spoken to Elena since Monday?"

Lucy shook her head. "She hasn't spoken to me," she corrected Caroline as they both walked through the cafeteria. It was only hours before the dance, so they were scrambling to finish the cafeteria. "Stefan said that everything was mutual but I'm guessing that's not exactly true."

"Okay, so," Caroline grabbed the clipboard out of Lucy's hand to check off the champagne fountain which did have to be rebuilt just like Lucy feared. "have you tried locking her in her room with you until she talks?"

"No, but that's my next step," Lucy laughed, her eyes scanning over the room.

Everyone on the dance committee had shown up to do some last-minute decorating, including some of the volunteers. It warmed Lucy's heart to see Jeremy and Matt joke around while hanging the black and silver stars from the ceiling. She broke out into a grin when she saw Stefan standing by the table that held the last of the decorations.

Lucy and Stefan weren't official yet because they both wanted to be discrete in case there were any lingering feelings on Elena's part but there were kisses shared here and there. She loved Stefan before but it was amazing to be able to be with him.

"Anything else I missed when I was trying to calm Tyler down about Klaus?"

"I guess Ric is leaving town for a couple of days," Lucy sighed, her eyes still on Stefan, who was sorting through the rest of the stars that still needed to be hung up. "Are you sure Tyler's okay?"

"He's fine," Caroline dismissed. "So, Alaric is trying to pull himself together, huh?"

"Yup."

"Why is that a bad thing?"

"It's not but I wish he would do it here so I know he's okay," Lucy sighed as they reached the table where Stefan was standing. "I'm surprised to see you here," she acknowledged Stefan with a smile. "I don't think you stepped foot in this school since the first day."

"I've come to support to my kickass girl boss," Stefan informed her, grinning. "Isn't that you two call each other?"

"It's badass, actually," Caroline teased him.

"Ah, sorry," he picked up the chandelier that Rebekah had picked out. "Where do you want me to hang this?"

Caroline sighed in annoyance, taking it from him. "You know what, if Rebekah wanted to hang this monstrosity, she should have shown up to do it herself."

Lucy rolled her eyes as Caroline handed off the chandelier. "She hasn't answered any of my calls."

Caroline hummed. "Shame."

Lucy giggled and nudged the blonde before turning around to make sure things were still going smoothly. Her amusement disappeared when she saw the horrible job that Jeremy and Matt were doing with the stars.