[24. Sibling Conflict]

[2x05; Kill or Be Killed]

"I can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf," Jeremy sighed, leaning against Lucy's doorframe.

"We're not sure about that yet," Elena corrected him. "The only thing we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is."

"Yeah, and he almost killed Caroline and Stefan on the night of the full moon," Lucy added, rolling her eyes and turning the page of the textbook she was trying to study from. "Damon said that Mason told him he has no control when he shifts."

It had been a week since the night of the full moon and they finally had confirmation that Mason Lockwood was the werewolf that attacked Caroline and Stefan. Damon had been on a mission to find out for sure whether Mason was a werewolf or not, so he convinced Alaric to make Jenna throw a barbeque and invite Mason. Long story short, Mason confirmed that he was a wolf and had no control over himself when he was shifted and branded Damon as an enemy in the process.

"Well, it shouldn't be that hard for us to figure out if Tyler is one, too," Jeremy said thoughtfully.

Elena paused from where she was removing the chipped paint off her nails and gave Jeremy a firm look. "There is no us. I said I wouldn't keep things from you anymore. That doesn't mean that I want you involved in it."

"Oh, leave him alone, Elena," Lucy rolled her eyes; her sister wanted to control everyone around her.

"Yeah, by definition of being in this family, I'm involved," Jeremy scoffed and pointed to the Gilbert ring gripped around his ring-finger.

"This is dangerous, Jeremy," Elena pursed her lips. "You have to stay out of it, okay?"

"All right," Jeremy gave in so easily that Lucy knew there was no way he was going to stay out of it. "I'm just saying."

Elena sighed and turned to Lucy as Jeremy left the room. "You can't encourage him like that. He's too young to be involved in this."

Lucy shook her head and snapped the textbook in her lap closed, giving up on trying to study before she headed out to pick up Caroline for the volunteer day at the new park the Fell family donated.

"Jeremy's not that much younger than me," she pointed out. "And he can choose if he wants to be involved. You, me, or anyone else doesn't get to decide that for him."

Elena sighed heavily, aggravated with her sister's blasé attitude. "Let's not talk about it, okay? I don't want to argue," Lucy nodded in agreement and Elena continued, "Did Stefan tell you about Caroline and Katherine?"

Lucy scowled at the mention of her best friend and Katherine. Elena and Stefan were so convinced that Caroline was spying on them for the older vampire but Lucy knew that Caroline wouldn't do that without a reason. She knew Caroline and she knew how much Caroline cared about Elena and respected Stefan. She wouldn't just betray them like that for no reason. So, she came to the conclusion that Katherine was holding something over her.