[46. Mikael]

[3x09; Homecoming]

[3x09; Homecoming]

"All right, we'll say that Mikael followed Elena in here," Stefan stated as he walked into the library of the Boarding House, Joel, Elena, and Damon following him. "He tried to grab her so he could use her as bait."

"And you, what, vervained him?" Elena asked him skeptically; Stefan crossed his arms over his chest.

"No, we vervained him," Damon scoffed as he corrected her. "The guy's an Original. Make it realistic."

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Okay, fine. We vervained him and in the process, discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah," Joel added. "but instead..."

"We drove it through his heart," Stefan finished.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Elena asked, cocking her head at Stefan.

"Good point," Damon pointed at her and then at Stefan. "You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So, if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied."

Elena nodded in agreement and sent Stefan a pointed look.

"Well, don't look at me," Stefan shrugged, keeping up the ruse that he was still compelled. "I'm just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart," Joel stated; he knew that the whole of the Original family was smart. One look at Lucy could tell you that. "If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof."

"Than I shall be dead," a man walked into the library, his demeanor stiff. Joel could tell that he was dangerous just by the way he held himself.

The man—Joel knew him to be Mikael, who had visited the Salvatore brothers after he fed on Katherine—walked over to one of the tables and set down a dagger and a small jar of white ash.

Stefan and Elena walked over to Mikael while Joel and Damon stayed back.

"What if he wants to see you in person?" Elena wondered.

"Well, it means our plan is working," Mikael said simply. "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here and I will kill him."

"With what?" Stefan put his hands on his hips as he stared down Mikael. "Those daggers won't work on him."

"I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree," Mikael told him and picked up the jar of ash. "The one that left these ashes when it burned."

Damon raised his eyebrows. "Where is it?"

"Not here," Mikael dipped the dagger into the white ash. "Knowing its location is my insurance policy."