[70. We'll Be Together]

[4x14; Down the Rabbit Hole]

"Tell me you're not serious."

"I wish I wasn't," Stefan grumbled into the phone. "We got back from looking for Jeremy and Shane, Bonnie, and Lucy were gone, too. Shane needs Bonnie to cast a spell on Jeremy's tattoo in order to find the cure and he managed to sneak both of them our from under our noses."

"Well, where does Lucy fit into that?" Caroline asked worriedly. "I mean, Shane never mentioned that Lucy had any part in that spell."

"I honestly don't know," Stefan pinched the bridge of his nose. "But we have to find her."

"You will, Stefan," Caroline said soothingly. "You will...Where's Damon in all this?"

"He and Elena had an argument and he stormed away," Stefan glanced at Elena, who was standing with Rebekah a few feet away from him. "We went back to the beach and there were signs of a struggle."

"Do you think Shane took him, too?"

"I doubt it. Damon's too strong for Shane to take down...unless he had someone helping him."

"Or more than one someone," Caroline scoffed in annoyance. "I'm sorry, Stefan. I wish I was there to help."

"It's fine, Care," Stefan assured her. "You and Joel were taking care of Kol's body."

"Yeah, and I got bit by Klaus in the process," she grumbled before changing the subject. "Is there anything Joel and I can do from here?"

Stefan hummed thoughtfully. "Maybe...Shane's looking for the cure and we think we can find him. We have pictures of Jeremy's tattoo but we can't translate anything on the map..."

"Unless you get the hunter's sword from Klaus," Caroline finished knowingly.

"Exactly," Stefan nodded. "Tell Klaus that Shane took Lucy and I can guarantee that he'll tell you where the sword it."

"And if he doesn't?"

"There's not many places you can hide a three-foot piece of metal."

"All right, we'll find it," Caroline agreed. "Just email me the pictures of Jeremy's tattoo. I'll find the sword and I'll call you back."

"Thanks, Caroline," Stefan sighed in relief. "Bye."

Once his phone was tucked safely away in his jacket, he turned to Elena and Rebekah. "Caroline and Joel are getting the sword."

Both of the girls nodded, their expressions serious.

-

"I don't even get why I'm here," Lucy whined, repeating the question she had asked about five times. "I have nothing to do with this."