𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬 𝓐𝓭𝓿𝓲𝓬𝓮

Superstition:

A magic eight ball is used for fortune-telling or seeking advice.

"Jung Wheein, I'd like you to meet my close friend, Jeon Jungkook," Taehyung said, introducing the two pretty people with a soft smile

"Jungkook!" Wheein gushed, standing to give a quick bow, "I've heard so much about you."

Jungkoook awkwardly bowed back, a forced smile plastered on his face. "Really? That's funny, Tae hasn't mentioned you at all," he responded with an overly sweet tone.

Taehyung frowned, he needed his friend to make a good impression on her. "Like I was saying earlier," he continued, "Jungkook is a very impressive DJ. He works at a nightclub called Euphoria, but does some side gigs as well."

Wheein looked at the DJ with an impressed expression, but Jungkook simply stared back coldly. "Yeah, I have a pretty solid career lined up for me. I'd be able to support a significant other now, and I'm sure a family in the future." He glanced at Taehyung before asking her bitterly, "What exactly do you do?"

Taehyung felt something unpleasant bubble inside his stomach, 'is Jungkook hitting on her?' he wondered before explaining, "Wheein here is-"

"I'm a sign language interpreter," Wheein interrupted, clearly a little off-put by the other, "I mostly work within the local school system. I have a passion for helping others, especially children."

"Passion doesn't pay the bills," Jungkook mumbled. Wheein looked a bit taken aback, but kept her composure nonetheless.

Taehyung glared at him, what was his problem? "Jungkook!" he hissed, "Wheein is-"

"Did you know that Taehyung doesn't believe in love?" Jungkook suddenly blurted out. Taehyung's mouth gaped in shock while Wheein looked at him curiously. "He especially never wants to get married and he finds weddings overrated, his words, not mine. Just figured it's something you may want to know."

Taehyung felt his face heat up and forced out an awkward laugh, "Hahahaha, he's such a jokester, none of that is true." He turned harshly towards Jungkook, "What is your deal!?" he hissed under my breath.

"You know what," Jungkook turned and looked at Taehyung, his teeth digging into his bottom lip, "I really have to get back to our friends, you know, the ones you bailed on today to go to a 'business meeting,'" he made quotes in the air with his fingers before turning on his heel and walking away.

Taehyung shot Wheein an apologetic look before jumping up after him, "Jungkook, wait-" he whirled around,

"I thought you didn't date, Tae," he yelled.

The older blushed embarrassingly as other customers turned to look at them, he didn't understand why Jungkook was so upset. "I've been trying to tell you-"