𝓒𝓻𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓵 𝓢𝓷𝓸𝔀

Superstition:

If you are out in the first snowfall of the year with someone you like, true love will blossom between you. If you are with your significant other, you will be together forever.

 If you are with your significant other, you will be together forever

"Taehyung, wait!"

Jungkook ran after Taehyung, catching up to him in the middle of the dark, empty street, "You're going to freeze to death out here, please come back inside."

"Why'd you have to say that!?" Taehyung cried, finally turning to face the other, Jungkook gasped at his red, tear stained face. "Why do you keep fucking me up?" he sobbed.

"I'm sorry," Jungkook whispered, "I was just trying to be honest."

"Well I honestly wish I'd never have met you!"

a few hours earlier

"If you really knew me, you'd know that I hate myself," Jimin bluntly stated, staring intently at the ground as everyone else waited for him to elaborate.

Jungkook cracked his knuckles nervously, he had a feeling tonight was going to be difficult.

"I've been a dancer since I was little, but everyone I grew up dancing with was always taller and skinnier than me; most still are," Jimin began to explain, shyly messing with the bracelet he had made. "So, I put myself on a strict diet, counted calories like my life depended on it and exercised a lot, but it was never enough. So, I, um-" he struggled to find the right words, "I starved myself," his cheeks were red with shame, "and I don't do it a lot anymore, but sometimes I want to," he was crying now.

Jungkook's heart hurt for him, he was so beautiful, how could he not see that? Clearly the others were thinking the same thing, but nobody had the courage to break the heavy silence. Seokjin had placed a comforting hand on his shoulder, and Hoseok crawled across the circle to pull him into a much needed embrace.

Jungkook felt Taehyung's shoulders shake slightly, and glanced over to see him holding back tears. The younger nudged him, and his head turned so that his wet eyes met Jungkook's, "I didn't know," he whispered, "why didn't I ever notice?"

Jungkook sat up and pulled the distraught male onto his lap, "It's okay, you're not a bad friend," he promised, knowing that Taehyung must be thinking that, "some people are really good at hiding when they're struggling." He pressed a soft kiss on the top of the older's head, while Jimin began to speak again.

"I try my hardest to be good at what I do, but I never fail to mess up and make a fool of myself. At school, during work, in relationships...I just know I'll never be good enough. There's always someone who studies harder, dances better, and I'm clearly not someone people want!" he managed to choke out, before breaking into rough sobs.

"No, darling, you are so amazing!" Seokjin hastily assured, breaking the silence.

"Yes, and we want you to tell us these things so we can help you," Namjoon encouraged, while Hoseok whispered calming words in Jimin's ear.