𝓒𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓯𝓵𝓾𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮

Superstition:

Colors have a strong influence on people. They can influence positive or negative thoughts and feelings.

When Jungkook and Taehyung stepped wordlessly back inside the suite, their friends all got busy pretending they weren't just talking about the two males

Jimin immediately jumped up and pulled Taehyung to sit beside him in front of the warm fireplace. "Are you okay?" he whispered.

Taehyung thought about the kiss he had just shared with Jungkook and subconsciously touched his lips before responding, "Yeah, I think so."

"What took you guys so long?" Yoongi grumbled, "Jin won't let me sleep until we've finished the game, and we can't finish the game without you two. I want to sleep!"

"Fireworks," Jungkook said, sounding breathless, "I saw fireworks."

It appeared that Taehyung was just as confused as the rest of their friends, Jimin left him to run to the window and look.

"There's a firework show?" he asked, "I didn't hear any-OH MY GOSH, IT'S SNOWING!"

Hoseok squealed at that and jumped up to join him at the glass, both boys pressed their faces against the cold windowpane in glee.

Amidst the distraction, Namjoon suddenly murmured, "Oh...OH MY GOSH!" before grabbing Jungkook by the arm and dragging him into the other room.

"Ugh, can we just PLEASE finish the game," Yoongi whined, "I enjoy my beauty sleep."

"Lord knows you need it," Seokjin mumbled, earning a punch to the arm, as his husband walked back in from the kitchen with Jungkook in tow, a huge grin on both of their faces.

Taehyung rolled his eyes when they both refused to say anything, though he could probably guess what they were talking about. "If you really knew me," he slowly started, feeling tired as well and deciding to get my turn over with, "you'd know my father left when I was little and never came back."

A heavy silence fell over the room and he tried not to cringe. The two squealing boys left the window and solemnly took a seat on the floor. "Okay, somebody else go," he mumbled.

When nobody spoke up, he gave in and elaborated, "It was a week before my sixth birthday, he told me he loved me and promised he'd be back." Taehyung sighed bitterly at the memory, "It was probably my fault, I don't know why, but for whatever reason he didn't want me anymore."

He looked up at them, ashamed. He had just admitted that his own flesh and blood left him because he wasn't worth it, it would only be a matter of time before they all did too.

"My, ah, mom--if you could call her that, I don't," Taehyung said with a grimace, "that woman who raised me was with another man every month it seemed. They-" he choked, understanding why Yoongi hated using the word 'abuse' so much, "they weren't pleasant," he decided on. "She would tell me she loved me, but then let them do horrible things to me. She cared more about them than me."