𝓕𝓻𝓲𝓭𝓪𝔂 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓱

Superstition:

Friday the 13th is considered a very scary, dangerous, and unlucky day.

"There's no way I'm getting you to leave the apartment today, is there?" Jimin asked, staring down at Taehyung who was cuddled up underneath a nest of blankets on their couch

Taehyung pulled his comforter over his head in response, but lifted the edge just enough to peek out at his best friend who was dramatically rolling his eyes.

"Okay, well I'm going over to Yoongi's, don't wait up for me," Jimin said with a smirk.

"You're leaving!?" Taehyung exclaimed with panic, "but there's a winter storm warning tonight," he whined.

Jimin sighed and kissed the top of his roommate's head, "I'll be fine," he promised, "I'm only walking down the street to Euphoria and Yoongi will take a taxi with me to his place from there, so try not to worry."

Taehyung pouted, "You know I don't want to be alone today."

"I know, but Jungkook's working all night tonight so that means my boyfriend has the apartment to himself," Jimin wiggled his eyebrows at Taehyung, "I can't let an opportunity like that go to waste!"

Taehyung groaned, "You're the worst best friend ever."

Jimin grabbed his coat and slipped on his boots, "I know," he giggled, "bye Tae Tae," he yelled, shutting the door firmly behind him.

Taehyung shivered and pulled the blanket all the way up to his chin. He hated Friday the thirteenth, something always seemed to go wrong and he was not one to test fate by leaving the safety of his apartment. He winced as dry lightning cracked across the sky and debated going to bed, but wanted to wait for Jimin to text him to let him know he got to the nightclub safely.

Don't get him wrong, he was overjoyed that Jimin and Yoongi were together now, but a little miffed at how much time they spent together. He missed his best friend, especially during storms and fated days like this one. Taehyung wasn't a huge fan of storms, but they never really scared him...unless they landed on a day like this one. His phone dinged and he relaxed a little when he saw that it was Jimin letting him know that he had arrived safely.

Taehyung turned on the television to distract himself by watching some anime. It was ten at night which meant that the day was almost over and he was able to relax some. Suddenly, a flash of lightning bathed the room in blue before a loud crack of thunder shook the walls, after a split second the lights flickered and went out. For a moment, he sat frozen in the blackened room before panicking and burying his entire body under the pile of blankets.

Taehyung was now all alone surrounded by silent darkness, at least he hoped that he was alone. The only thing he could hear was his own heavy breathing, his knees were pulled up to his chest while his head rested between his legs, he tried not to cry. Sweat began to gather underneath his clothing, but he was too afraid to move out from underneath the blanket or off the couch.