Chapter 1 [edited]

• Dedicated to Dakota Dillon

Skyelynne

"Dad." I whimper through a breaking sob. "Please don't" He didn't listen and raised the back of his palm. In an instence a searing pain went through my already beaten face. Blood ran down my lower lip and the corner of my head. His fists were balled and as soon as I thought it was all over, he started pumiling me into the already blood smeered wall.

He finally stopped and walked out of my room grunting and cursing to himself. I lifted myself up against the wall and stumbled over to my grimy mirror. My reflection looked worse then it had the day before. I ran my index finger against my bottom lip, feeling warm blood cake my finger. I closed my eyes and a singal tear ran down my face. A singal tear is all that falls from my bruised eyes.

I turned around and limped over to my bed. Black sheets hid the dried up blood and tears, but gave me warmth when my crappy father couldn't. I sat down and reached for my Iphone. I had four missed calls and 16 new messages. A small smile crept across my face and I laughed softly. My friends Luke, Calum, Micheal, and of course Ashton all called me at the exact same time.

I texted them back asking them what they wanted and what I missed in school that day. It was the end of the school day now and I was not happy to miss school. My dad forced me to stay home just so he could beat me. I always have the same old exscuse and I say I'm sick. None of the boys know about my abusive father.

Luke: Hey, how are you feeling?

Ashton: Hey are you okay?

Calum: Hi, please tell me you'll be here tommorow?

Micheal: Hey girl, how are you?

Me: I'm fine thanks. And yes Calum I'll be there tommorow.

I sent the text to all of them through a group message, which is the easiest way to talk to them.

I tapped my screen nervously and Ashton texted me without a group chat. He's always going this and that's why I trust him the most. He wants to talk to me alone, to make sure he knows I'm okay without me having to pretend to be okay.

Ash: Hey, I hope you're feeling okay. You didn't miss much in school today, just the same old same old.

Me: Okay good, and thanks.

I pressed send and ran my fingers through my matted and tangles hair. Ashton and I have known each other ever since Kindergarten.

When he went off with the boys for their band I was disappointed, but I knew he'd be back. But, I've never told him about the abuse from my father.

My father said that if I tell anyone he would  kill me, and then kill himself so he won't be punished. The moment I heard that I knew something was wrong.

All of this started when his mother died, he started drinking and stayed out late. He became abusive to my mother but never to me. One night she said she was getting him more beer, but she left and never came back.

She left me with him, with him. All she could think about was herself and not her own flesh and blood. I guess, somewhere in the middle of all this, she grabbed my sister. When my dad found out she had left and taken my sister, he used me and abused me until I couldn't walk or talk.

I shook my head and texted Ashton back.

Hey well, I'm really tired. I'll see you tomorrow. Night.

I sent that and shut my phone off, tucking myself into bed.

Ashton

I texted Skye right after school, she was the one person I cared most about. I knew she wasn't sick but I don't know what had happened to her.

We talked about everything but yet nothing at the same time. She was the center of my world but I didn't have the guts to tell her that.

She sent me her last text of night and I was tempted to reply but didn't. I looked down at the picture of us from when we were little. Her bright smile and rosy cheeks, her changing color eyes. She's perfect, but somehow she doesn't know it.

I decided to go to sleep and shut my phone off. I slid under my covers and shut my light off.

Yay another story! Please read this book along with many of my other books.

Hope you like it! Bye my loves!!