5. Bethan

'Oh my fucking god!' The high pitched voice I knew so well screamed out loud. The students gathered around the tables in the library all lifted their heads quickly at the loud sound disrupting the quiet room. 'Bethan Jones!'

'Quiet please, Miss!' the security guard strolling by demanded.

'Sorry,' Chelsea giggled, and I moved to my feet with an amused smirk as she and Yasmine strutted over to me.

'Never changed a bit,' I said with a grin as we all grouped together into a hug. I squeezed my old friends tightly and we all let out a little squeal as we came together again before they sat down at my table.

'How are you guys?' I asked, feeling on top of the world to be seeing my friends again.

'So good,' Chelsea answered dramatically. 'How you finding college so far?'

'I mean it's not exactly easy,' I sighed.

'But the college guys though,' Yasmine said, wiggling her brows.

'Oh, the whole reason I'm here, I mean how did I ever even like guys in high school?' Chelsea laughed as she pulled a lip balm from her bag and applied it to her lips.

'I know, right,' Yasmine agreed. 'So immature!'

'You guys really haven't changed,' I laughed.

'Hey, I heard you have your own apartment here,' Yasmine said. 'House parties much?'

'Not a chance,' I chuckled. 'Cal would have a heart attack.'

'Your boyfriend?' Chelsea said. 'Let's see him then!'

I rolled my eyes as I pulled out my phone to find a picture to show them. I swiped onto one of him and I that I forced him to take with me on our first day here with the beautiful city looming behind us.

'There.' I turned the phone to them.

'What?' Chelsea gasped. 'That's a joke.'

'Oh my god,' Yasmine gasped also. 'That is so not your type!'

'He's fucking hot though!' Chelsea exclaimed with a grin.

'But all of those tattoos!' Yasmine cried. 'I didn't think that was your kind of thing!'

'Me neither,' I laughed. 'But he's amazing and he's good to me.'

'You in love?' Chelsea asked.

'Oh, for sure,' I answered without a care.

'Man, he's nothing like fucking Brodie West, huh?' Yasmine said with a snigger.

'Don't even go there,' I laughed.

'All those times he would send flowers to your classes and they had to start giving him detention because he was doing it so much,' Yasmine giggled.

'He had it bad!' Chelsea laughed.

'He's actually in one of my classes,' I told them.

'Shut up!' they cried in unison.

'Yeah,' I said. 'He said that he worked really hard and decided against NYU and when he realised he was actually pretty good at English, he chose a degree in it.'

'I mean, come on!' Yasmine cried, glancing from me to Chelsea. 'He was a jock; he was no fucking Shakespeare.'

'People change,' I said.

'Or, they don't,' Chelsea said, slowly. 'They just get smarter.'

'What?' I asked in confusion.