9. Bethan

The rest of my weekend was spent lounging in Cal's oversized t-shirt with my hair scrunched on top of my head. Cal left me on Saturday morning to go to work and I spent it nursing my headache and snacking on chocolate, chips and cherry cola. I tried to get on with some work but it lasted around an hour and I took myself back to bed and turned on the TV to watch re-runs of The Big Bang Theory and continued stuffing my face.

When Cal returned, he joined me in bed, only getting up to fetch the Chinese delivery from the door. We spent the night eating and watching our favourite movies and it was one of those moments that I had been dreaming of when I'd found out he was coming to New York with me; him and I in our cosy apartment just filling our faces and laughing together.

On Sunday, we did the exact same thing. Cal went to the store for snack supplies and instead of cooking we had lunch and dinner delivered again. Being tucked up in bed watching my favourite movies with my favourite person was the most uplifting feeling I had felt since moving here and it felt like the days where we'd be alone in his cabin just the two of us and I didn't want it to end; but it had to.

Monday morning came around fast and before I knew it, I was back on campus heading to my Literary Texts class. Now my quality time with Cal was over, I was back to reality which meant focusing on studies again as well as dealing with a few other issues; Brodie West being the main one.

I had planned to tell Cal what had happened at the party as we never ever held secrets from each other but at the same time, I didn't believe any good would come from telling him. I hadn't lead Brodie on, I hadn't flirted with him, I hadn't made advances towards him; not at any point had I given him a reason to try and kiss me. It was his own stupid drunken mistake and I had stopped it before it started and put him in his place therefore I didn't feel like I needed to give Cal any reason to lose his head when he was in such a good place.

I managed to take down plenty notes in class and I headed right for the coffee shop afterwards, spotting Georgie in the back.

'Hey queen,' I said as I approached his table after receiving my order.

'Oh, hey girl,' he said, sitting up straight. 'Did you have much of a hangover?'

'I sure did,' I laughed. 'I spent the day in bed.'

'Well, I tried to spend the day in bed,' he said, rolling his eyes. 'My fucking roommate was playing video games all day so fucking loud so I had to leave and go to the library for some quiet time.'

'Studying with a hangover; I admire that,' I joked.

'Not studying,' he corrected me. 'Sitting in a corner with my earphones in and Netflix on my laptop is more like it.'

'Yeah, that's more believable,' I chuckled. 'So, don't you have class?'

'Yeah, my next one is in like fourty minutes,' he said. 'You?'

'Yeah, the same,' I told him. 'It's my first class for "US Theatre in the 21st Century" so it's something a little different that I think will be interesting.'

'That's my class!' he cried.

'Really?' I gasped.

'Yes!' he squealed, clapping his hands excitedly.

'Oh my god, yes, you're a theatre major,' I said as I realised. 'I forgot! The class was open to English majors too so I took it thinking it would be cool.'

'I'm so excited we have a class together!' he cried. 'I can't believe I didn't know you'd applied.'

'Yeah I saw it on the bulletin,' I said. 'I'm so happy I'll have a class with a friend other than Brodie.'