6. Cal

I nibbled my lip, my teeth digging deeper into the skin the more the thoughts ran through my mind. Tonight she was going to the frat party. I was nervous as hell, only because I had a good idea what drunken college guys were like and I couldn't be there to look out for her.

I could hear her moving around the room getting herself ready and I wanted time to move as slowly as possible before I had to drive her there.

The knocks at the door broke me out of my thoughts and I got to my feet and paced the apartment to open it. I was greeted by a tiny little redhead girl and a bleached blonde guy who grinned at me as I pulled open the door.

'Cal?' the guy said with a smirk. 'Heard so much about you!'

'Yeah, cool, come in,' I said before I paced away from the door and they entered as I headed to the bedroom and popped my head in.

'Your friends are here,' I told her.

'Great,' she replied, her back to me as she finished styling her hair in the mirror. 'I'll be right out.'

I gave a nod and headed back towards the kitchen, opening the refrigerator and pulling out two bottles.

'Beers?' I asked them as they shifted nervously on the spot.

'I'm not usually a beer drinker,' the guy said, his mannerisms telling me that I didn't need to worry about him hitting on Bethan.

'Georgie,' the girl scolded him. 'Thank you.'

She smiled brightly and grabbed the bottles, handing one to the guy.

'I'm Penny,' she told me. 'This diva is Georgie.'

'Nice to meet you guys,' I said as I forced myself to be pleasant knowing these were her new friends and I didn't want to seem like a total jackass and give them something to talk about behind her back.

'We've heard so much about you,' Georgie repeated. 'You're hotter than I pictured.'

Penny's head turned quickly to look at him and she frowned and nudged his arm.

'What?' he hissed. 'I'm just being honest.'

'It's cool,' I said, smirking to myself. 'Thanks for the compliment.'

'Is she almost ready?' Penny asked.

'Yeah,' I replied. 'I'll go hurry her up.'

I moved back the bedroom just to get out of the awkward situation and my eyes widened a little as I closed the door and looked up at Bethan. She was wearing the tightest, tiniest black dress; reaching the middle of her thighs and with a very cupped bust, pushing her breasts right up. My voice seemed caught in my throat and as much as I dreaded the fact that a lot of guys would be looking at her tonight, she did look fucking incredible.

Her hair had been styled so it was in thick waves and her face was very made-up, which was something she hardly ever did.

'You look amazing,' I practically growled.

'Thank you,' she said as she blushed. 'I'm ready to go.'

She pulled her bag over her shoulder as she smiled at me and I took the chance to talk to her while I had her alone.

'Bethan, hold on.' I headed over to her and she studied my face as I popped her bag open and pulled the pepper spray I'd bought from my back pocket and held it up before slipping it in her bag.

'You're kidding,' she chuckled.

'Absolutely not,' I told her seriously, placing my hands on her shoulders.