27. Bethan

As the weekend arrived, Penny and I had raced right back to the dorms after college on Friday to get ready for a party. I hadn't been in the mood when she'd suggested it a few days back but I had been enjoying myself so much living with her and spending more time with her that I didn't want to be left alone in the dorm while she went to the party.

I still hadn't had any contact from Cal, which was strange and hurtful. He wasn't the type of person to play games; playing hard to get and not wanting to be the first to cave wasn't like him. If he'd wanted to fix things with me, he would.

Back in The Falls, when things between us had started getting a little more complicated, he had turned up at my school in front of everybody to talk to me because that was the kind of guy he was; he didn't fuck around, he did what he had to do regardless of how it made him look. The fact he hadn't been in touch with me, only told me one thing and I didn't have the strength to admit it to myself so I continued to wear a smile and distract myself and acted like I was just taking a few days break from him and that all would be fine in the end.

Penny and Georgie had been so good to me; making sure I wasn't alone and keeping me occupied with coffee, dinner, cinema, sleepovers, study dates; you name it. The distractions helped a lot and as days carried on passing since I'd left, it had gotten easier.

'I'm wearing this!' Penny held up a very short black dress with long sleeves and no back.

'Classy,' I said. 'I like it.'

I continued to sort through the rail of clothes I had hung up in the spare wardrobe; not that there was many. I had packed the most I could fit into the case but it hadn't been a whole lot of clothes that were suitable for a party.

'Here,' she said, and I turned to see her holding out a short, silver dress with long sleeves a neckline that came right down the middle of the bust to the stomach in a v-shape.

'A bit too much?' I asked, wrinkling my nose.

'No,' she chuckled. 'You will look hot.'

'I'm not trying to look hot,' I laughed, a little passing thought moving through my head that made me wonder if I even wanted anyone to look at me tonight. I wasn't exactly single but I wasn't exactly taken either.

'Just wear it,' she said, throwing it to me.

'Fine,' I groaned with a giggle.

I headed down the hall and took a shower and returned to the room as Penny left to take her shower. Blasting the hairdryer, I tried to get my hair as sleek as I could and then ran the straighteners over it, leaving it looking shiny and healthy.

I began applying my makeup; dewy foundation and gold pigment on my eyes with blends of brown shadow and some fake lashes, finishing off with a brush of bronzer and some nude lipstick.

'Oh, that's looking so good,' Penny said, as she turned around from the mirror where she was moisturising. Her figure was so slim but in a different way to mine; she didn't have much shape and her breasts were small too but it was a figure that you'd see a catwalk model with and to top it off, she was stunning. I was slim but my hips were a little wider and my breasts fuller too.

Penny began blasting her hairdryer as I dressed into my underwear underneath my towel and proceeded to coat a shimmer over my body to give my skin a healthier glow before stepping into the dress I was borrowing from Penny.

'You look amazing,' she said, as she began to curl her hair. 'You really suit that; your figure looks unbelievable.'

'Thank you,' I replied, doing a little twirl.