41. Bethan

'I am so thrilled to see you, Tiff,' I said with a smile as we sat down together on the sofa.

'Me too, Bethan, but honestly, I'm a little disappointed that my trip here had to be for this reason,' she sighed.

My eyes flickered over to Cal leaning against the kitchen counter, staring out the window, his face looking like he'd rather be anywhere else than here with the two of us.

'I know,' I replied, nodding to her.

'You guys have a lot to sort out,' she said. 'I've been reading all of your messages in our chat and I just can't believe this has all been going on. I can't take my eyes off you guys for a second! After talking to your mom and having her tell just how bad things were now, I had no choice.'

'We don't have anything to sort out,' Cal said, as he paced the floor and leaned against the side table facing us. 'I just need you two to take your little catch-up elsewhere so I can get on with my packing.'

His words made me feel horrible inside; his expression was uncaring and bored. The second I'd mentioned that kiss, a switch had flipped. He looked at me differently within an instant and his mind was officially made up about us the second he found out about that.

'Cal, just sit down,' Tiffany sighed. 'We're going to talk this out.'

'Can I just inform you that Bethan has just admitted to me that she kissed a random guy in a club not so long ago?' he said to Tiffany.

'You cheated?' she said, turning to me with a frown.

'We were split up,' I sighed.

'Okay, so, what's your deal?' she asked, turning back to Cal.

'That's not the point,' he said. 'We may have technically been apart but we were both still in an unclear frame of mind; we didn't know what was going on with us. We'd split up but still kept trying to speak to each other, we still slept together! When someone tried to kiss me, I lost my shit, pushed her away and told Bethan right away, even though we weren't together. She acted differently. She allowed herself to kiss that guy and she hid it from me.'

'I see your point, Cal, I really do,' Tiffany said. 'I'm not going to be biased to my friend or take sides. I'm here to be a mediator and a buffer so you guys can talk it out without yelling at each other.'

'I don't want to talk it out,' Cal said. 'I'm done listening to anything she has to say. She kissed a random guy in a club right after she hung up the phone to me and that's enough for me to walk away for good.'

'He acts like I'm the only one who has ever done anything wrong,' I told Tiffany. 'Let's not forget the time you went out and stayed at whorebag's place all night.'

'Who the hell is whorebag?' Tiffany asked.

'Tori,' I told her. I'd already mentioned Tori in the group chat to the girls, so Tiffany was well aware of her role in all of this.

'Oh, yes,' Tiffany said with a nod. 'The cause of many problems between the two of you.'

We both glanced up as Cal chuckled to himself before looking right at me.

'You know you're looking like such an idiot right now,' he said.

'Excuse me?' I replied with a scowl.

'You look like an idiot,' he repeated. 'Still fucking droning on about Tori. Get the hell over it.'

'No, I won't get over it,' I told him. 'She has tried for so long to have you and when we were split up she kissed you. You even called me yourself and told me that you were sorry for not listening to me the whole time!'