Let it Out

"Sweet juice from fish dad's pudding! You can't be serious."

     "What's got you all worked up son?"

     "Dad! Where did you come from?"

     "Um... I live here, son."

     "Right."

     "What's the matter, son. It looks like you saw the jarred mutant three headed pig in my lab."

     "No. Dad, how do you handle an unwanted crush?"

     "Well, I ignore it. As long as nothing is pronouncily different, then I would ignore it. Someone like you, son?"

     "No! Just a question."

     "Ah."

     "But if someone were to like me, I would just ignore it?"

     "Until you couldn't anymore."

     "And then what?"

     "It's simple. You shoot them with my patent pending anti love laser."

     "I thought love was a concept, not a tangible thing you can get rid of."

     "Nonsense, Dib. Anything is tangible in the hands of science. Well, I have to go. My program is about to start and I don't want the kids to miss today's genius invention."

     "Alright dad. Later."

     "Where's your sister?"

     "Playing her Y-box in her room."

     "Ah. Well then. You're left to your own devices. Good luck with this crush problem, son."

     "Yeah, okay."

     I grabbed the second to last soda from the fridge and sat down on the couch but... I can't get the words out of my head. Gir, his robot gave me this listening thing and after he shoved it into my ear he closed the door and I guess went to where Zim was talking to someone. One of the agents of this MIB thing.

     I was curious about the company and to find out Keef was an alien was interesting but not surprising. I've suspected it for years.

     But then he drops that bomb that he has a crush on me? Like, how do I handle that? I can't. I don't know how to. And he said it to that agent like it was nothing. Like it was something he's said all of the time.

     Well he has lots of enemies. I'm not his only enemy.

     That's it. It's someone else. But who? I can't think of any other enemies of his. I guess anyone he's had confrontation with. Like that Clarence guy. But that can't be it.

     "Wait, why do I care? As long as it's not me then I don't care."

     "Are you talking to someone?"

     "Ah!"

     "Chill, idiot. I'm just grabbing a soda."

     "Okay."

     "You didn't take the last one, did you?"

     "No, there's one left. Leave me alone."

     "What's got you all heated?"

     "Nothing!"

     "You were talking with dad about unwanted crushes. Zim got a crush on you or something?"

     "I don't know, maybe?"

     "Wait what? Seriously?"

     "I'm his only true enemy. At least, I was. I think? Can you think of any enemies he may have?"